“The BEST tour in St Augustine!”

St. Augustine Gold Tours
Ranked #1 of 118 Tours in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The tour takes you around the city down the narrow streets out to the Mission grounds and as far south as the National Cemetery missing no important historical sights. We stop at several places and at guests requests for photos. Try the original and best personal tour in St Augustine and you will not be disappointed.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Over the years, my mother and I have done every tour St Augustine has to offer, and Gold Tours was the BEST, hands down! Peter knows the detailed - and correct - history of the city and will tailor the tour to what works best for his guests. Since he knew we'd been to St Augustine several times, his goal was to take us places we'd never seen before and he succeeded! His customer service is top notch and very personable! He could charge twice his fee and it would still be a great value, but he said it's important to him to keep his rates low. We were delighted to hear he does his own Nights of Lights tour, as well. We were so frustrated with the crowded lines on the trolleys for it last year we weren't planning to go back. But, the idea of seeing the Holiday lights with Peter on his tour has us excited and looking forward to returning in December! And, we will definitely book Gold Tours on ALL future trips to St Augustine!!

1  Thank Kim T
staugustinegoldtours, Owner at St. Augustine Gold Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Kim
Wow what can I say for such a great review I look forward to seeing you in December

There are newer reviews for St. Augustine Gold Tours

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Fun and personal way to see St. Augustine while still getting the complete history. Friendly, good with kids and easy to understand for those that don't dominate English very well. Lots of photo opportunities and close up views where others don't have access.
Una excursión divertida, personal y repleta de historia. Lleve a mi familia de Puerto Rico y quedaron encantados. El don entiende bastante el español y trata de asegurarse que todos entiendan y se diviertan. Da mucha oportunidad para fotos y pasa por donde muchos no tienen acceso con un carrito eléctrico calladito.

staugustinegoldtours, Owner at St. Augustine Gold Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were in Saint Augustine for a convention and only had one afternoon to tour the city. While my husband was in meetings during the morning I began to check Trip Advisor to see what was available in order for us to gain as much knowledge about the city in such a short time frame. I found St. Augustine Gold Tours to be rated as the #1 attraction. And as I read about the tour I knew this was the one for us. Maureen could not have been more accommodating given our schedule for the afternoon. For a very reasonable price we got a personalized tour. Maureen is very knowledgeable of the history of Saint Augustine and as an added plus with their electric cart that seats 6 comfortably, they're able to maneuver the alleys and narrow streets where the larger tour companies cannot go. If you want to see Saint Augustine up close and personal this is the ONLY tour to take. I highly recommend you book this tour.

staugustinegoldtours, Owner at St. Augustine Gold Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Maureen was delighted to be recognized as being knowledgeable of the history of Saint Augustine and thanks you for the review

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I had a wonderful tour with Peter. He explained the history of the area, and gently straightened out the history I had mislearned from the trolley tour. We stopped periodically and could take pictures. Peter starts by getting to know the participants and then lets his presentation flow through things he can tell you'd be interested in. I'd recommend you take Peter's tour first, then you know where to spend your time in St. Augustine.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Took a tour with Maureen when visiting St Augustine. She was very knowledgable and made it very interesting for the group
Really recommend this tour but book ahead as they get very busy!

staugustinegoldtours, Owner at St. Augustine Gold Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thanks for the review it is great to be recognized in my own right !
Maureen Gold