“A great value”

St. Augustine Gold Tours
Ranked #1 of 125 Tours in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The tour takes you around the city down the narrow streets and as far south as the National Cemetery missing no important historical sights. We stop at several places and at guests requests for photos. Try the original and best personal tour in St Augustine and you will not be disappointed.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had Peter's wife and she was very good. It is a great tour that takes you off the beaten path. She was accomodating for requests to stop which you won't find on the other trolley type tours. The more questions you ask the more you find out.

staugustinegoldtours, Owner at St. Augustine Gold Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Delighted that Maureen (my wife) was very good. I know that you were expecting me but as it transpired it was not the flu but allergies.
Perhaps she was more accomodating for requests to stop and answer questions than I may have been !!

All reviews
"personal tour"
in 24 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 32 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 39 reviews
in 13 reviews
"take pictures"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Last week we had the privilege of taking the private Gold Tour. It was a beautiful day -- slightly windy. Peter was a pleasure to meet. His knowledge of the area and it's history is outstanding. I loved the quiet little bus. We were able to go to areas and take short cuts that the regular tourist trains could not go. Thanks to Trip Advisor for the recommendation. We were not disappointed. We would definitely do this again.

staugustinegoldtours, Owner at St. Augustine Gold Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Carolyn
It was my privilege to take you both on a private Gold Tour.
Thank you for taking the trouble to share your experience with other Trip Adviser users.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Peter is an outstanding tour guide. He is very knowledgable about the history of St. Augustine and shares it with his guest in a most enjoyable manner. You catch his enthusiasm.I highly recommend Peter's tours to anyone visiting the St. Augustine area. He is accomodating and geared our tour to our likes and preferences. Very professional.

staugustinegoldtours, Owner at St. Augustine Gold Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Rita
Thank you for the 5 star review and comments
We aim to accommodate all our guests in a VIP tour geared to their likes and preferences.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Peter more than met our expectations. His knowledge of the history of St. Augustine was quite extensive. His willingness to share his knowledge was both enthusiastic and accurate. He is very informative and most courteous. I am a legally blind person and as soon as he realized that he was most eager and helpful in guiding our tour. He made special efforts to get closer to point of interest and made sure that I could see what he was explaining. Definitely the most enjoyable city tour that I have experienced. If ever I find myself in St. Augustine again I will most certainly take the same tour again. Thank you Peter for making our tour very special. Highly recommended!

So glad to meet you both and to meet your expectations.
Your comments are very flattering and I thank you It was a pleasure to go a little bit further in service to accommodate you.
Look forward to seeing you both again

See more reviews
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Peter is an outstanding guide, who is well informed and has the personality to help history come alive. Not only did we do the Night of Lights Tour, we signed up for the Historical Tour the next day. Each was it's own adventure and both were well worth the money. I would highly recommend this experience because it allows people to see parts of town others don't get to see. Missing Gold Tours in St. Augustine would be a loss.

staugustinegoldtours, Owner at St. Augustine Gold Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Glad that you enjoyed