“Loves it ”
Review of Tours by the Sea

Tours by the Sea
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Experience St. Augustine Beach on a Segway X2 (offroad) personal transporter. Tours are 90 minutes long and include training. Minimum age for riders is 10 years old.Tours are at 10am and 2pm daily. (reservations are required).
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed December 29, 2015 via mobile

Love riding the segways they where so much fun the are easy to manage on the beach and are fairly easy once you know how to ride

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"blast"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed July 4, 2015

Jay is the Best!!!! Great trip add on,tour our beautiful beaches or special trips. Safety instructions,learn to do it lesson. Friendly,helpful Owner & Manager!!! Party arrangements,special events,just ask! New Location at The World Famous Oasis Restaurant on A1A & Oceran Trace Road Tell em Kathy sent ya!!!

Reviewed June 30, 2015

This was the second time we have used Tours by the Sea at St Augustine Beach and it was as good, if not better, than the first time. After an initial briefing we were lead down to St Augustine Beach front and let loose on the sandy beach for an hour to explore, enjoy and build that great big smile that a Segway experience guarantees. We "played" on the beach with the Segways for a good hour and then met up with the owner who lead us back to the base. The whole experience was exhilarating and next time we are in St. Augustine we will be back for another adventure.
For those who have never experienced a Segway we would encourage you to try it out as it is a true 'Magic Carpet' experience and as long as you follow the guidance it is perfectly safe and enjoyable.

Reviewed February 12, 2015

i had a great time when i went, there was plenty of time to get used to using the segway. and it was great to just be able to ride down the beach wherever you wanted. note i did actually fall off the swgway (my mom laughed hysterically at me lol )so i would just be aware to not goo too fast from personal experience lol. it was a great experience and i would do it again in a heartbeat!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 1, 2014

My 10 year old son and I recently used Tours by the Sea. It was our first time on segways and they were a lot of fun. We received plenty of instruction and I appreciated that the owner joined us down on the beach to watch us for a few minutes before he cut us loose. I recommend you go south where the beach is wide and not very populated providing plenty of room to ride and maneuver. My son said it was the highlight of his vacation!

I don't feel this is recommended for anyone with bad balance, not that you have to balance yourself, but if you do crash/fall off or need to step down, it might be difficult for those who have trouble with steps or balance.

1  Thank Trish F