“Perfect pizza”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This place is on King Street in the heart of St Augustine. They serve Boars Head brand for countless variety of sandwiches served on fabulous bread. The calzones are huge and several selections, as are the strombolis. BUT! The pizza is absolute NEW YORK 22"pie. Lunch special is 2 pieces of pie with drink for $5 and change, but the great thing is you don't have to pay more for anything other than cheese. You can get the same special for pepperoni and hawiian. Two pieces absolutely fill you up (22") Parking may be a problem; they have about 15 spaces and they are also an upgraded specialty mini mart (that's not a good word to use because it really is an upscale place). This is really the best pizza in St Augustine, up until the other day I thought another place was, but quality of cheese and meat makes the difference, and they use the BEST of BOTH!!

Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

If you're a wing lover, this is your hole in the wall to go to! The online ordering is difficult and sometimes impossible, the hours are odd and the place itself is difficult to get in and out of, but the food makes the experience tolerable.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We called and got reservations for 5:30 based on the hostess suggestion. We ordered a large carmellos supreme and had a coupon for a free cheese pizza. Topping were great on supreme, cheese was minimal and crust was soggy (mush) except for the outer ring. One of those place that I say "man, I wish they would let me go back and make my own with their ingredients". It all comes down to who is making it. All of the right tools were there, just not executed well. Note, there was only one server and she was ran ragged. Everyone was waiting on refills. My son asked me if he could get his own as the machine was right next to us.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Let me get the negatives out of the way: this restaurant is basically located in a gas station. There's a deli/marketplace, the gas station, and tiny restaurant all connected. There are only about 5 parking spaces so we had to park behind the building. It was crowded so we were lucky to get one of the few tables - they have both indoor/outdoor seating a few seats at the bar.

My husband enjoyed the pizza. The strong point was the fresh toppings. I didn't really care for the crust or marinara sauce though. Very casual atmosphere. It's right across the street from the San Sebastian Winery, so you can stop here for lunch after a tasting.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I like the deecor at Carmello's but we only had coffee. Not much of a selection of snacks and we didn't go for pizza: does not look inviting.