“Love love love!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We went to Carmelo's during our vacation last year and we loved it so much we ate there twice. My family fought over the leftovers. We still talk about Carmelo's and how we are looking forward to our trip in a couple of weeks to eat there again! If it was up to my kids we would eat there everyday during our tri. We can't wait to eat there again!

Reviewed February 5, 2012

The waitress, who was just a kid off the street, was curt and snotty from the beginning. I asked for an iced tea with two straws, in order to share with my wife. The waitress told me that she'd charge me for two drinks, if she brought two straws. So, I asked for one straw. She told me that she'd still charge me for two drinks, if we shared. The best I can say is that she got us out of there in less than ten minutes. The adjoining gas station pretty much defines the atmosphere. Be assured that there are better places to enjoy good pizza in Saint Augustine.

1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed January 28, 2012

As soon as we walked in we felt welcomed. Dave greeted us right away, told us about the pizza and took our drink order. All the staff was very attentive refilling drinks, taking dirty plates and bringing our order. We got the 16" Carmelo's supreme pizza. Wow! It was huge and awesome. They have a large beer selection also. A very good value and with leftovers!!

Reviewed January 28, 2012

This was our first visit to Carmelo's. It is located in a newly-renovated Shell gas station (don't let that scare you away--it's very clean, modern, and separated from the convenience store part), across the street from the St. Augustine Police Department and catercorner to the San Sebastian Winery. You can eat in, take out, or get the food delivered. The counter service was friendly. Nice variety of Italian food. I had a HUGE slice of pepperoni pizza, a small order (and I mean small, like 3 or 4 bites) of pasta salad, and a large drink, costing around $7.00. Reasonably-priced, and it tasted great, especially the pasta salad. The pizza was pretty greasy, but my husband loved that aspect of it! He order the special, which consisted of 2 slices of pepperoni and a regular drink, and it cost roughly the same as mine did.

Since Carmelo's shares space with the gas station, parking is a bit of a premium. We parked on the side, which has about 4 spots designated for Carmelo's customers.

We'll definitely be back, perhaps to try their ziti or calzones. Glad we stopped here for lunch.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

When I hear we were going to eat at a pizza place connected to a convenience store, I was a little leary. However, the pizza was amazing, and the service was friendly and quick. The veggie pizza was the best I have ever had!