“Shopping”

$16.00*
Secrets of St Augustine Ghost Tours
Ranked #10 of 190 things to do in St. Augustine
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We took a tour bus around town and jumped off to explore this street. It is the main shopping street all walking in town. We were there mid-morning and a number of stores were not even open. Mostly touristy type stuff. I was hoping for some real gems and there we a few. I wish I could remember the name of the woodworking shop off St George street artist alley. Wonderful work.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,107)

Reviewed October 22, 2013

A fairly typical tourist-oriented pedestrians only venue. That said, there were fewer "traps" than expected. A variety of eating places, from up-scale (Columbia) to modest (Taberna del Caballo at the Colonial Quarter) where we sampled reduced-price sangria for lunch a couple of times.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

St. George Street will always be special. Many little shops, excellent merchandise and good food. Don't forget to visit the Crystal Place. Pets are allowed. Closed to cars for over ten blocks. Go in the Trolley and save parking $$ but remember they have time-frames. You can find 'all-day' parking close by.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I visited this city, with the expectation of learning about the history of the place. As I walked the narrow streets, there were some historical sites noted, but mostly it is loaded with high priced shops and restaurants. My solution to filtering the commercial from the historical was to take a trolley tour, as the city-wide sites are spread over many blocks, making the walking tour to be very tiring. The historical places are very attractive and narrative was informative. I am glad that I visited, but will not make any return trips to this city.

1  Thank Beachlovin
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Plenty of shops really old world looking ,good to stroll along ,pity its not that long but it is history.