“MOST FUN and BEST VALUE!” 5 of 5 bubbles

St. Augustine, Fort Matanzas and Downtown Helicopter Tour
Ranked #40 of 178 things to do in St. Augustine
Middletown
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“MOST FUN and BEST VALUE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

We visited the fort today and I have to say I was very impressed. Tickets were super reasonable, staff was extremely friendly and exhibits were fun and interactive! Included in the admission was the tour, exhibits, candle making, Indian necklace making and complimentary bottles of water. I can't remember the last time I visited somewhere and didn't have to pay an astronomical amount for a bottle of water when I was thirsty. The tour also gives you the ability to collect coins which you can use in the gift shop for specific items or a discount toward your entire purchase. This is great for kids to collect coins and get a few small items upon their exit.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank jensteele36

La Belle, Florida, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great family fun with a side of history”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

The staff here makes the adventure come to life!!! My son loved that he could not only touch whatever he waned but that he could receive "money" (gold Ducado) for doing so! These Ducados can be used later in the gift shop as a discount. We also learned how to play a old bowling style game, make candles, crush oyster shell, make a piece of rope and make a necklace. My son of course enjoyed the chiefs tent with all the weapons, only entered with a staff member present but they tell you all about each item and answer all questions! You are left to explore on your own mostly with the staff checking in to show you things and give you a little history along the way! Gift shop was reasonable. Overall, very fun time!!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mylissa D
St. Augustine, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Kid Experience for the Money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

After hauling 7 kids around St. Augustine we decided to go back one more day to check out Fort Menendez. WHAT A HIDDEN GEM!!!! We had a fabulous time exploring this hands on "museum." The kids were able to make candles and necklaces to take home. And, had a great time earning coins answering questions on our tour to spend in the gift shop at the end of our day. Personally it was nice enjoying looking at the historical sites of St. Augustine, but I could have skipped the previous day and just gone to Fort Menendez to get a hands on history experience.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank FourtoLove
New Haven, Indiana
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“BEST attraction in st augustine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

This was by far the best history museum for kids I've seen-and we go to Williamsburg frequently. The kids each got an occupation and were paid for doing different tasks. At the end they could spend their money in the gift shop-which they LOVED! It was very well done and you couldn't beat the price for such an enjoyable afternoon. Just watch the website-when we went there were several days that week closed to the public for school field trips. Can't wait to come back!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Laura K
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

I was surprised at how good of an attraction this was. This really well done. Our guide was excellent. She engaged the children and adulrs alike. I learned a lot. We all had a great time. I would recommend this attraction to all families visiting St. Augustine.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member