Fort Menendez at the Old Florida Museum
St. Augustine, Fort Matanzas and Downtown Helicopter Tour
Ranked #44 of 189 things to do in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: A hands on Historical Experience.
Reviewed October 3, 2013

me and my family had an excelent vist. self paced yet informative through their staff. participated in chores and crafts. staff is very knolagable and we learned a lot about how they lived and interacted. will visit again when I'm in the area.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
in 29 reviews
"chores"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Even the teenagers had fun pretending to be guards and other historic workers. My 18 yr old daughter loved being the tribe leader and learning that in some cultures woman held high positions before women's lib.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised of the trip back in time behind the fences of Fort Menedez. Wow! I didn't know all that was back there! Once you enter they put you into a roll back in time and you play it out. There's so much to learn, so much to look at, so much interaction with the history of the area, and there's a tour guide who is very knowledgeable and guides you through. We will go back again and again.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had an awesome experince and would suggest this to others!!! My girlfriend and I spent our 5 yr anniversary here..and it was fabulous...!!! Such an amazingly beautiful city..and at night, the streets are filled with laughter and people having a great time. The walk way on George St is pebbled..and gives it that old time feel..I love it so much..and wish I could make a permenant move there.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Not much to see. The guide was entertaining and nice.
All the workers were trying to make the place a nice event. Nice gift shop.

Candice L, Public Relations Manager at Fort Menendez at the Old Florida Museum, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Hi Edug8or,

We are sorry our museum did not meet up to your expectations though we are glad you enjoyed our villagers and our gift shop.

Fort Menendez is not terribly large, and though there is not a lot to see, there is plenty to do for those willing to immerse themselves in the history. We designed it as a living history museum where the guests live the history instead of watching our staff do it all. We believe experience teaches better, and creates more fond memories, than listening to lectures and reading signs.

We're glad you got in at a fair price. We are constantly adding to our experience so we hope you will give us another try. If there are any suggestions or other comments you would like to add, please feel free to contact me via the information on our page. The more thorough the review, the more information we have for improvements.

Thank you for your review, we hope to see you again!