“Quaint and different restaurant”
Review of The Floridian

The Floridian
Ranked #38 of 610 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Innovative Southern Cuisine prepared with locally and sustainably produced ingredients. New location at 72 Spanish St.
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This was recommended by a local and my wife, son, and I went there for an evening meal. It was a small restaurant with what I considered strange menu selections. My son and I ordered pulled BBQ chicken with pecan crusted pecan waffles. My wife ordered a pork chop witch looked like a T-bone steak with mixed vegetables. They do not have traditional Coke or Pepsi products or standard beers. The good news they had iced tea which was good. The food was very good and medium priced. The restaurant was busy and we had a 20 minute wait.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,752)

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I had an amazing Autumn salad: goat cheese, spicy garbanzos, pickled beets, & acorn squash topped off with super fresh Mahi. Yummy IPA He had the fish sandwich, (fresh Mahi)served with a salad and a cold beer. Delicious. Ended lunch with chocolate peanut butter cheesecake. To die for.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Fresh seafood delivered while waiting for our table. Amazing food and good atmosphere. Had the Pickled Shrimp appetizer and it was fantastic. Sandwich comes with salad w/homemade dressing on the side, not the usual french fries. Make room in your schedule to have at least one meal here.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Great service, locally sourced ingredients, delicious food, fun eclectic atmosphere. A must!
ps: don't ignore the little bakery hidden out back!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My wife and I caught an early dinner here on a Saturday evening and were very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food. They have a limited but very good beer selection, including a few high quality craft brews (and 750 ml bottles). We decided to try a bunch of things and see what they had to offer and were impressed that everything was great. The Georgia cheese board was an excellent way to start the dinner off right. We followed that up with a half order of oysters (which were saucy and delicious). Next was the shrimp and pickled veggies I was so good it actually mentally transported me to my childhood and a shrimp salad that my Aunt made for family reunions. I was a kid again catching crayfish in the creek. The soup stole the show. We had a bowl of blackeyed pea and sweet potato bisque was without a doubt the best part of the entire dinner. Finally the main course was blackened triggerfish, perfectly grilled with two fat slabs of cornbread and veggies. We will definitely be coming back on our next visit to the area. Well done team!