“WOW!! A Great Meal in a Lovely Atmosphere.”
Review of The Floridian

The Floridian
Ranked #37 of 611 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Innovative Southern Cuisine prepared with locally and sustainably produced ingredients. New location at 72 Spanish St.
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Dined here Sunday afternoon and loved every minute of it. I had a cup of soup - a Curry/Sweet Potato Soup that was absolutely delicious. In addition, I ordered the Elkins Salad - I had a choice of pulled chicken or that day's catch of the day which was flounder. I had the chicken and my salad was lovely to look at and delicious: contained the pulled chicken, roasted sweet potatoes, corn-poblano salsa, and cabbage slaw over fresh greens. It was topped with a perfect slice of fried green tomato and the dressing served on the side was a fresh buttermilk-herb. My friends also enjoyed their meals - a Dixie Burger and Shrimp and Sausage Pilau. None of us offered to share or a taste!! One of the top 5 places to eat in St. Augustine!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,770)

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Best salad ever in my life, fresh peaches, roasted red potatoes, pecans, fresh flounder, excellent.
My husband had the meatloaf sandwich, most fabulous. Very helpful service, she knew the menu, the wines very efficient. Ready to go back, need t get back to town!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

A local business suggested that we go here for lunch and we were so glad that we took their advise. The food was extremely fresh and they have a creative spin on salads and sandwiches.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Our innkeeper recommended the Floridian - very fresh ingredients and much better than I was anticipating just based on the menu. The squash and zucchini that came with my shrimp and grits tasted like summer!!! Would definitely make a return visit here.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Dined here during the Gentlemen of the Road tour. Our host Cyndi from the Bed and Breakfast, Cedar House Inn recommended this restaurant and we loved it! The food was fresh and full of flavor. The ambiance is delightful and eclectic. The staff were friendly and knowledgable of the menu and how each entree is prepared. The portions are huge for just two girls, next time we would share a appetizer, entree and dessert! The desserts are wonderful and so yummy! Try it you'll be delighted.,