“friendly staff meal fair”
Review of The Floridian

The Floridian
Ranked #25 of 605 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Innovative Southern Cuisine prepared with locally and sustainably produced ingredients. New location at 72 Spanish St.
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I ordered the cornbread stack after reading the trip advisor review, too much heavy cornbread for me, but the vegies and seafood with the meal was good. I would not order this on next trip but I would revisit the restaurant. the salad was very good.

1  Thank billreedred
Write a ReviewReviews (1,708)

Reviewed October 30, 2012

The Floridian is one of the best restaurants in St. Augustine. The food is fresh and very healthy and is always seasoned perfectly. We have never had a meal there that we didn't like. HIGHLY recommend!

1  Thank SarahK450
Reviewed October 30, 2012

You won't be disappointed with this one! Right in the heart of old town St. Augustine. I had the salad with the tempeh - wonderful! My husband had the veggie burger. You know how challenging it is to find a good vegan place 'on the road.' Try this one.

1  Thank pianogardenlover
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Food was fantastic. Kids loved their grilled cheese....NOT your everyday, boring grilled cheese , Loved our entrees. What a gem in the heart of the city. Wonderful waitstaff too!

1  Thank tiredmommyof2
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I love this place. They use foods that you can't find at other restaurants like quinoa, farro, and tofu. They have pickled vegetAle and fried green tomatoes. My husband had the cornbread stack with blackened flounder. I have the panzanella, which is more of a salad with cornbread and dish. You can also get it with tofu. The "mac n cheese" was very interesting. It's made with farro and has lots of delicious vegetables in it like squash and tomatoes. It is more like a hearty soup in consistency. Fried pickles were okay. They are served as wedges instead of slices. Fried green tomatoes were delicious. The batter has a little bit of heat to it. We tried that banana, pineapple, nut cupcake and vegan chocolate cakes, which has zucchini in it and is served with a chocolate mousse on top.