“The Meal, the location, the service, WOW”
Review of Rhett's Piano Bar & Brasserie - CLOSED

Rhett's Piano Bar & Brasserie
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cordova
Description: Our full menu features wonderful entrees such as Pistachio-Encrusted Lamb Chops over a Mint Risotto, Barolo-Braised Short Ribs, Espresso-Rubbed Filet Mignon or Island Sea Scallops atop Coconut Polenta Cakes, as well as great starters including Lump Crab Cakes New Orleans, Goat-Cheese Croutons, She Crab Bisque and much more. Our wine list is second to none in the area, and we have the finest selection of Bourbons, Scotches and other fine spirits. Rhett"s has live jazz-piano entertainment every night featuring torch music and sentimental love songs primarily from the 30s' 40's and 50's. Our music holds close to the great jazz traditions, as well as to the melodic structure of the blues. During the week you will primarily hear solo jazz piano. On the weekends we add the flair of outstanding torch singers. You'll see the singers walking through the dining room, singing table side and insuring a fun-filled night of wonderful entertainment for all.
Reviewed December 10, 2013

i cannot say enough great things about this place. The lighting is perfect, the meal was exquisite, the service was great. our food came out far faster then i expected (we did not get salads of apps so this was fine with us). We ordered dessert and the manager brought it to us when he asked how everything was.
I even requested a special table and it was ready the very moment we arrived for our reservation. I am very pleased and will return every time we go back to st augistine.

1  Thank jestercrescent

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Stepping into Rhett's you immediately enter a soft, candlelit, romantic atmosphere reminiscent of jazz clubs in New Orleans. The drink menu had wide variety of cocktails and a very limited wine by the glass menu selection. I chose the white sangria, which was made with lemoncello and was extremely delicious(was the standout item at this restaurant for me). My husband chose a nice Pinot Noir, pours were very small for the price and label of the wine.
The food offered was wide in variety, but not extremely unique in any way. My husband chose the short ribs with red wine served with vegtables and a butternut squash risotto. The standout on the plate hands down was the risotto, which was creamy, slightly sweet and had the taste of fall. The short ribs were average and the vegtables lacked seasoning other than the prominence of garlic. I had the Jumbo Lump cake with orange ginger emulsion and served with a wedge salad. The entree was once again average at best, the crab cake was good and the wedge salad had little-to-no dressing or red peppers on top (maybe two pieces). I had to ask the server for more dressing just to get through my iceberg lettuce. We finished the meal with the Jameison Bread Pudding, which was good, not to sweet and loaded with berries, drizzled caramel and serves a la mode with a nice vanilla ice cream. For the price and in a city loaded with unique restaurants, I would find another place to eat...but would definitely recommend having a before dinner drink or nightcap. "A"for Atmosphere * "C" for Food - Standout items on the menu- White Sangria and the Butternut Risotto (one of the best I have tasted)

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Well made cocktails, fair prices and on the nights with throwback entertainment, e.g. Big Band, a fun night for all.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The restaurant was recommended to us by the B&B we were staying at and they didn't steer us wrong. My husband and I went to Rhett's to celebrate our 10th anniversary. The food and service was excellent. I had the lamb chops and my husband had the crab cakes and we both enjoyed our dinner. We dined upstairs which was very quiet, although a bit on the dark side.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I accidentally ended up trying Rhett's for dinner last year when we visited. We were so impressed with the food at that time that we returned this year. We met my aunt and her boyfriend from GA to celebrate my birthday and had dinner at Rhett's.

The atmosphere transferred over from romance to family visit very well. I felt you could be there for any occasion and be comfortable. I love the menus, which light up.

I highly recommend trying the she-crab bisque and beef wellington. Those were the two menu items that truly brought us back this year. I also had the tuna, which is fresh and delicious. My fiancé tried the egg rolls and they were okay-by the time I tried one I think it had cooled too much. He raved about them when they were fresh though!

The service was average. The waiter, Jon, had been there since they opened so he knows his stuff and is extremely friendly. The only complaint I have is that when the placr filled up for dinner he did not keep up with the rush. We waited for many things. Including our check. I think they would benefit by bringing in a second server or a hostess to control the rush for him. Otherwise, great experience.

Piano was awesome too!