“I had so much fun on this tour, I did it twice ! !”

St. Augustine Glided Tours
Ranked #30 of 119 Tours in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the ORIGINAL and best rated Segway tour in St. Augustine. For over nine years I have shown my guest the Oldest City through the eyes of a TRUE LOCAL. Come and take one of my Segway tours and see why St. Augustine Glided Tours has been voted best since I started Segway tours of St. Augustine over 9 years ago.
Markham, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“I had so much fun on this tour, I did it twice ! !”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My family and I joined Cary for, what turned out to be, a private tour on Sunday, March 10. We wanted to do the tour early in our trip (first morning) so we could get some recommendations for things to do and where to eat. What a great decision! Because of meeting Cary and taking his tour, we were able to plan the rest of our week based on the knowledge he shared. He clearly loves St Augustine and certainly knows the ins and outs of the city.

Some of the things I was particularly impressed with include the time and care Cary took to ensure my brother, sister-in-law and I (all age 50+) were comfortable riding the segways. We spent almost 30 minutes in the parking lot, practising, before setting off. Being a teacher, I noticed some of the steps Cary took to make sure we were able to see and hear what he was explaining. Little things like ensuring he was facing the sun so his clients did not have to squint while trying to listen to him and taking the time to wait for noisy traffic to move, before speaking. In conducting the tour, he was cognizant of the road and sidewalk traffic so that taking a detour down a lane and through a parking lot, was not out of the realm of possible solutions.

Cary shared his knowledge and passion about this city. We particularly enjoyed his stories about Henry Flagler. Based on Cary's recommendations, we subsequently took the Flagler College tour, ate at Meeghans Irish Pub and Raintree Restaurant, and toured St George Street. These tours combined with time spent at St. Augustine Beach made for a really great holiday.

After the tour concluded, which lasted about 2.5 hours, we got in the car and gushed about how excited we were. We talked about the tour for days. Later in the week, I had friends planning to visit. I was so excited about the segway tour, that I talked them into taking the tour on Thursday, March 14. In fact, I joined them and did the tour for the second time.

If you are in the St. Augustine area, make sure you seek out Cary and his segways. Make note that you will find him at 125A King Street and not on Magnolia Ave, as listed on tripadvisor. You will not regret your decision and you will make all those people on the Jolley Trolley tour jealous!

Thanks Cary!
Karen

Visited March 2013
1 Thank kbeale27

Jacksonville, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Don't miss this awesome tour!!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Cary took our group of 3 for a segway tour of St. Augustine on March 20th and we had such a fun afternoon. We watched as tour buses passed us and all the people looked so bored......this is the only way to tour any city. Cary knows everything and everyone in town so we were able to customize our tour to our interests. I had been on a Segway once before but it was a first for the other 2. It looks intimidating but don't be fooled....it is so easy and fun.....you'll be shocked how quickly you master it.

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tour”
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We had a great tour with Cary yesterday. Definitely worth trying and well worth the money. It a great way to see the city close up and learn about great places to eat.

“Great experience”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Cary gave us a great insider tour of St. Augustine. We were novices, but he quickly had us comfortable and out of "turtle mode". We thoroughly enjoyed touring the back streets and hearing local lore. His food recommendations were right on. He transmitted his love of St. Augustine and made us like it, too. Highly recommend.

Visited March 2013
Port Charlotte, Florida
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Personalized Tour”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Sandy did a great job of tailoring the tour to our desires. We had already been on a couple of tours. She took us on a lengthy tour of areas we hadn't seen. She got us into areas with the Segway that other tour could not access.