“A hidden treasure”

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
“A hidden treasure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

What a great find off the beaten path, away from the usual St. George Street tourist crowd. This small, clean restaurant has the most delicious gyros. My only negative comment would be that there was only one young man working in the restaurant. It was a little tough for him to take orders, prepare and serve the food, cashier and clean up. While he did an admirable job, I think he could have used some help. But back to the food, all ingredients were fresh and delicious. Try the side dish of assorted olives. And leave a generous tip, the young man deserves it.

• Visited November 2011

Sevierville, Tennessee
“Great Food! Good Price - Give it a try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

Had plans to go to the Lightner Museum, a short walk from Gyro House. The waiter was very pleasant to chat with. Was ready for a chat but did not bother me 20 times like some places. I got the beef/lamb gyro and a few sampler sides - all of it was just right. The proportions of food was well balanced "Hefty but not so much you feel sick by the time you finish" I would eat here again with out a second thought. The curb side "meter parking" was great for me I loaded it with 2 hours of pocket change and walk to the Lightner Museum, "less than a 5 minute"

• Visited November 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must make the Gyro House a stop for lunch. Yummmmmmm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

Must make the Gyro House a stop for lunch. Best Gyro ever. Make sure you ask for the special gyro plus Greek salad only paid 9 bucks. The dressing on the salad had fetta cheese in it. All I have to say is yummmmmmm.

st. augustine, fl
“Horrible Gyros!!! Way overpriced.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

The food was awful. The service was horrible I don't even think they understand english. The food was way overprice and I had to fight about my change and was very embarassed.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank cassandra p
DeFuniak Springs, Florida
“Unique”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

I had never had a Gyro before it was different. I went on the Savory Faire and this was one of the stops. We got plenty to eat and it was a little different for my taste but I ate gladly and it wasn't bad at all. I don't know if I would eat there on my own unless I was a gyro fan but it was good. The meat just has a different consistency than I'm use to.

• Visited October 2011