“Heart Warming Vist”

St. Augustine Wild Reserve
More attraction details
Owner description: The St. Augustine Wild Reserve offers tours on an appointment-only basis. We are not open on a daily basis like a large zoo, although we do offer two-hour tours, reserved in advance. Tours are held in the afternoon, usually on Saturdays, Mondays and Wednesdays at 2pm. Email as far in advance as possible to make reservations. Children under 5 are free. We may be able to schedule a tour on a different day, if we know far enough in advance. Guests will be given a guided tour of the 7-acre animal compound by an experienced wildlife professional. An introduction to each species, basic biology, and how the species arrived at our sanctuary will be discussed in detail. Visitors will be allowed a close-up view of the exotic animals. Guests will be able to venture closer to adult African lions than they ever imagined. Also on the tour will be our amazing white tigers, several orange tigers, a very rare golden tabby tiger, cougars, servals, lynxes, leopards, hyenas, coati mundis, and a host of wolves ranging in color from black to white. We also have a large bird collection, which includes conures, macaws, Amazon parrots, lovebirds, and even parakeets, cockatoos, cockatiels, doves, quail and finches. We feed all of the big cats on the tour on most days, and set up a tiger bubblebath for one pair of tigers. We do not allow photography at this compound, however, we do offer a fabulous photo CD at the end of the tour for a small donation. You may photograph our beautiful peacocks, lovebirds and conures, which are outside of the compound near the guest waiting area. Thank you!
Hollywood, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Heart Warming Vist”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I took our 3 grandkids, ages 7-15, here while on vacation in August. We really enjoyed seeing the animals and felt like they received great care and are loved by the staff. While the cages could be larger, as mentioned by another reviewer, we need to remember most these animals are coming from a bad situation and would be put down if the reserve couldn't accept them. I admired the staff's dedication and I felt that the money we paid for the tour would be put to good use to help support these beautiful creatures. My only recommendation would be to vist during the cooler months, it was pretty hot outside, although they did offer bottled water and umbrellas to guests, as well has offering the hose to kids who wanted to get wet and cool off. I would definetely visit again!

Saint Louis, Missouri
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Big cats up close!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was a great place to visit! The animals look so much healthier and happier than in the zoo. We all enjoyed our time visiting and the staff is amazing and answered all our questions and we learned so much during our visit. We will definitely visit again next year. Please don't miss this tour but be sure to call to make your reservation.

Connecticut
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Big Cats upclose”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Very informative and closeup.Lions and tigers were incredible.volunteers put their hearts into the care of these exotics saw like 20.Kids and adults were amazed.and the free water was a nice touch.No photos aloud but the will sell you a $5 photo cd at the end...all monies go to the care of these beasts

new jersey
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Much better than a zoo!!!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We weren't going to go cause GPS said it was an hour from our hotel but so glad we went. We went on Wednesday. Their was at least 6-8 people working there. You go park through the gates it looks like you're driving to someone's house. Parking really wasn't an issue nor was check in. They had a 12 ft yellow snake to play with before the tour. The your guide was really good and knew her stuff. She went over each animal with you she touched most of them and all the animals were feed in front of us, we even saw one take a bubble bath. Their was a lot of people I would think some may have had trouble hearing and seeing. I made my way to front to hear. Our tour was done before 2 hours cause a storm was coming which was fine. My aunt thought the tour could have been shorter, I disagreed with her. It was pretty cool to see the animals that close both my kids really enjoyed it too ages 3 & 6. I would tell my friends to check this place out. It was my first time going to a place like this..

Visited July 2013
Seymour, Indiana
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wow! Amazing experience!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This reserve is absolutely amazing! Everyone who works here is a volunteer. The animals that have been rescued are very pampered and loved! This is a must see if you are in St. Augustine. Your admission is a donation to help buy food and medicine for the wonderful animals who call this reserve their home & it is totally tax deductible. You will see BIG cats, wolves, birds, deer, & various other rescued animals! Please go and learn amazing new things about the animals here.

Visited July 2013