“Just wonderful”

Sheriffs Ghost Walk Tours
Ranked #15 of 119 Tours in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Owner description: A 90 Minute Walk Along The Dark Streets And Cemeteries Of Old St. Augustine. You will hear stories of Haunted Houses, Bed & Breakfasts and The Old Cemeteries! You will walk the dark streets of the nations oldest city of Saint Augustine, Florida. All stories told are so rich in detail they will tingle your spine!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Just wonderful”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I was so enchanted by every story. Sheriff is a wonderful story-teller. Every other tour we saw looked miserable while we were having a wonderful time. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

Denver, Colorado
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun way to learn some history and get spooked”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Walking ghost tours are some of the best ways to learn the real and personable history of a town. I wanted one that was more intimate and less cheesy and this one fit the bill. The tour was entertaining and lively! The Sheriff plays it up without going overboard. He knows his history and a lot of his ghost stories come from his personal research. He is well known in town. My favorites were the stories about Flagler College and his personal follow-up with one of the witnesses.

His tour meets at entry to a bar. I've heard that some of the bad reviews he's gotten were from people who were "overserved" there and then got rowdy on his tour. He had to excuse them and they were sore enough about it to make up lies and write bad reviews.

Even my in-laws who fear cheesiness liked this tour. I recommend it!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tour with an amazing guide”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The Sheriff is personable, knowledgable, humorous, and just a nice guy. Walking in I was doubtful considering it's a $15 tour. Walking out I was so impressed with how much he manages to accomplish with so little. He walks around with you to various local haunted spots and explains the history and backstory of each murder or death, then will usually throw in some comic relief from time to time. It's really great how he effortlessly keeps it so light yet so creepy. And he really knows his stuff about ghost encounters and other related incidents. Awesome tour, would do it again in a heartbeat.

Danbury, Connecticut
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“lot of fun and educational”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The Sheriff and 'Sally' were great tour guides for an evening ghost tour of St. Augustine. Lots of good stories, with some actual history thrown in to make it even more believable.

Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Very disappointed.”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We were very disappointed with this ghost tour. I had been on one in St. Augustine a few years ago, which we enjoyed and thought we would try the Sheriffs tour. The "Sheriff" was very friendly and tried to make it fun but it was long and drawn out. The cemeteries were locked so you could only look through the fence. Gave us some history of St. Augustine and some "ghostly happenings" but later found out some of the stories were not true at all. We walked through several areas but stopped in parking lots or side areas with really nothing much to look at. I would not recommend this ghost tour.