“Hyppo pop hit the spot” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Hyppo
Ranked #1 of 40 Dessert in Saint Augustine
Cuisines: Healthy, American
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Hyppo is a gourmet popsicle shop that makes all of its own products using only fresh, natural ingredients. From fresh basil to ripe mangoes to blazing ghost peppers, you're sure to find flavor combinations here that expand the notion of what an ice pop can be. All pops are gluten free and vegetarian, and about half of our selection is dairy free. We use Florida evaporated cane juice to mildly sweeten the fruits and herbs before their flash-freeze onto a small birch stick. On a hot day in the historic district, this is the pinnacle of flavorful refreshment. Open late.
Miami, Florida
“Hyppo pop hit the spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

After an afternoon sizzling in the August sun, I was in the mood for something refreshing. I had seen various ice cream and treat shops but I was looking for something a bit less decadent. I turned to my ever-reliant Tripadvisor app and read the great reviews on this Popsicle stand. I decided to see what all the Hyppo hype was about... and I'm glad I did! I'm a big coconut fan and my Popsicle was certainly delicious. It was $3.50 and though I wish I'd gotten a larger pop for my buck, I was still pleasantly surprised by how tasty and original it was. If you're looking for a quick pick me up, this is a great pit stop between attractions.

• Visited August 2013

Saint Augustine, Florida
“great treat on a hot day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

while wandering around old st augustine, we stopped in for a cool treat. these popsicles are amazing! what a variety of flavors! it's definitely an adult popsicle--your tastebuds will thrill at the many flovors offered! we'll be back for more!!

• Visited July 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Refreshing, delicious and seems healthy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

What a nice treat. Real taste! Wild variety of flavors to choose from. A great stop on a hot day. Wish I could go back for another one. My husband had the cantaloupe and I had the strawberry. They were both amazing.

• Visited July 2013
new jersey
“OMG-sorry i didn't stop sooner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I wish I would have stopped here sooner cause boy were these ice pops good. I have pinapple cilantro it was to die for. My kids got the watermelon, I ate theirs too it was so good. Got the mango haberno it was weird but I couldn't stop eating it, I'll be back their tomorrow not sure which one i will get.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank stryteller
Boca Raton, Florida
“Not Worth Trying, Then Again, Taste is Subjective”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This popsicle place has very odd combination, "gourmet" popsicles. We thought it'd be fun to try something different, so we did... not worth it. 2 of us got the wine-flavored ones (champagne something and riesiling something, and 2 of us got fruity ones with herbs: strawberry basil and watermelon mint. The wine ones were okay, but the herb-ed ones were not good at all, we couldn't' even finish them. They told us there was a hint of basil or mint... not the case; they totally overpowered the main flavor. It was like licking a cold basil leaf. However, we met a few people that said they really liked the popsicles... so it's up to you if you want to spend the money on trying them! Personally, I'd rather spend the few dollars on gelato or italian ice... or even just a nice, refreshing, ice-cold drink.

Visited July 2013