“Incredible unique and interesting”
Review of High Tide Gallery

High Tide Gallery
Ranked #3 of 100 Shopping in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: High Tide Gallery LLC has moved to 76B San Marco Avenue, 2 blocks north of the main Visitors Center. In business for 10 years and open daily, this all-local art gallery features a refreshing array of colorful art from the whimsical to the serious in 25 artists' original creations. Great atmosphere, awesome shopping, fun and friendly place! Don't miss it! Free street parking out front and on the side street. HOURS Monday: 11-6 Tuesday: 11-6 Wednesday: 11-6 Thursday: 11-6 Friday: 11-8 Saturday: 11-8 Sunday: 10:30-4
St. Augustine, Florida
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Incredible unique and interesting”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

If you have limited time for shopping, the only place you need to go is High Tide. Local artists craft unique and beautiful pieces - especially check out the jewelry. Don't miss out on High Tide!!!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Deliasata

Vero Beach, Florida
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Art at it;s finest.”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Looking for the unique gift? This is the place. All artists are locally so you are supporting the local economy. The variety of gifts available are unimaginable. The employees are so nice and helpful. Even to browse you can not go to St. Augustine and not drop in. Trust me it is worth it.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Dawn T
Haines City, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Support Local Artists in St. Augustine!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

On a recent visit to St. Augustine my mom and I found this gallery. We were looking for some new art pieces, and High Tide Art Gallery proved to be just the place to find what we were looking for. First of all, we were warmly greeting by the owner (Aimee) as soon as we stepped inside. After learning that the gallery supported and featured local artists, my mom and I were even more impressed with the gallery. There are a variety of pieces in the gallery, ranging from fun pieces to hang by your pool to paintings to furniture to jewelry. There is definitely an island vibe in the pieces, but each is beautiful in its own right. The thing that really made an impact on both of us though was the great customer service. Both of us bought pieces (I bought a small print and my mom purchased a piece of pottery) and I am certain that the next time we are in St. Augustine we will go back and visit Aimee and the High Tide Art Gallery!

Visited June 2014
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Always something new by local artists”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We just love this art gallery, the best by far in St. Augustine. Every time we visit, which is very often, we fall in love with a "must have" unique and beautiful work of art by a local artist. We cherish each piece we purchase at High Tide Gallery and feel so lucky to enjoy this original art in our home every day.

Visited May 2014
Central, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful Selections and great Customer Service”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

As stated in other reviews, High Tide offers a beautiful selection of high-quality local art -- paintings, shell household decor, fired pieces, prints, jewelry, and more. What I especially want to pass on is what great customer service the gallery owner, Aimee, provided when I stopped in during a Florida vacation a few weeks ago.

I avoid impulse buying, especially when substantial money is involved; so even though I was very taken with two particular pieces when I visited the gallery I wanted to take a few days to think before purchasing. Once home in South Carolina I e-mailed Aimee on multiple occasions to ask questions about the two pieces. She was unfailingly prompt and courteous with her return replies. When one of the items I loved turned out not to be listed on the gallery's website I asked her to take and e-mail me photos so I could confirm she and I were talking about the same piece. She did so in no time. When I decided to order a fragile and heavy piece (a large mirror rimmed with a thick band of seashells) she promised to ship it out promptly, packed with the greatest care and at a good rate -- which she did. The piece arrived UPS in perfect condition.

Here's where things went not so well. I regret to say that once I opened the package I found that the shellwork appeared much different in color than when I had seen the mirror on the wall at High Tide in the Florida afternoon sun. It looked much less pink and bright and far more brown and grey. Although the shellwork was beautifully arranged, I could no longer take pleasure in the piece when it now showed such subdued colors Then I realized that I had never thought to ask Aimee about her return policy. I e-mailed her explaining the situation and asking if I could ship the mirror back to her (at my expense of course) but then be refunded the piece's purchase price. For all I knew she was going to say "You bought it, you own it," or charge me some sky-high restocking fee, or at the least say something like "You put me through all that trouble and now you want to do WHAT?" But she did none of those things. She again responded promptly and graciously and said she was sorry to hear this news but she understood and yes, I could do that.

From the time i entered her store to the time she e-mailed me back to say I could return the piece for a full refund, Aimee was never less than helpful, prompt, complete and gracious in her customer service even in the face of a disappointing sales outcome. While I wish my particular purchase had ended a different way, what happened was in no way the fault of AImee or her beautiful offerings. I have saved her website in hopes of purchasing from High Tide again at a later date, and I can't recommend Aimee's professional service highly enough.

Visited April 2014