“Great beer selection, nice atmosphere”
Review of J.P Henley's - CLOSED

J.P Henley's
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Columbus, Ohio
“Great beer selection, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

This bar has a fantastic beer selection, both in bottles and on tap. The bar staff is friendly and welcoming; Edina is very knowledgeable and very nice. My wife and I ordered three on tap flights of four beers each and had some great brews. It's a really great place to enjoy good beer. (We didn't try the food as we had other plans.)

St. Marys, Georgia
“Hundreds of Beers”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

A great place to stop in and enjoy a quick drink. Just across from the bay with plenty of beer options.

Visited January 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“A casual Pub with 70+ beers”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We ordered 2 beers and a chicken salad sandwich to share. It came with a side. We had fruit, which was about a tablespoonful. That was disappointing. The sandwich was very good and plenty to share. It had plenty of chicken, red grapes, lettuce and tomato. Very good. Our check plus tip was about $19. There is seating at the front window with a fabulous view of the river and Bridge of Lions. A great place to start a pub crawl.

• Visited January 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Awesome Neighborhood Bar!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

So many beer & wine choices from all over the world, our heads were spinning! Went back later in the evening to get dinner to take back to our B&B and the food was great and more than we could finish. Love this place!

Visited December 2012
Kansas
“Go for the beer, don't worry about the food!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were visiting friends and they knew I liked beer, so we took the wives for lunch, and I can't even tell you what I had for lunch (some type of sandwich, I think...).
When the waiter came around and asked what he could get us to drink, I asked him what he would drink if this were his last day on earth.
He recommended the Samichlaus Austrian Lager. Said this special beer was made only once a year, was 14% alcohol and was like an after dinner port wine. I ordered the 4 oz, as it was a few hours before 5:00, and I sipped that for 30 minutes and thought I was in heaven!
Neat place! Let the wives go shop and sample some great beers, the food can come later.

• Visited January 2013