“Awesome, awesome, awesome experience”

The Savory Faire Food Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: St Augustine's very first & original 'Foodie' adventure! Visit some of the most unique off the beaten path local restaurants on this award-winning historical exploration. From tapas to desserts, you'll TASTE your way through St. Augustine's colorful history via its rich culinary influences over the centuries, with your professional tour host. All-inclusive, $49 per person, with an optional wine pairing upgrade available for $19. (includes a full glass of premium wine hand selected by the chef, at 4 of the restaurants we visit) Come hungry! Tours depart 7 Days a week and the Wine Pairing upgrades are available at check-in. The best way to experience all the delicious flavors of St. Augustine with the original & most trusted Food & Pub Tour company.
New Knoxville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome, awesome, awesome experience”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

A huge shout out to Ed, the best tour guide. We were a group of 9 ladies who enjoyed every minute of this very tasteful and knowledgable tour. The food diversity was excellent along with the history lessons provided by Ed. The best part was being able to sample food from the hidden local restaurants and learning about some of the history of St. Augustine. This tour company was so accommodating that they even scheduled an extra tour for us because they were all sold out. Thank you for a wonderful experience, the Ohio ladies!

2 Thank Missy607

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“It was interesting, Alan our tour guide was the best part.”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

It took 3hrs for everything. Alan our guide was awesome and a wealth of facts. The food was small portions but delicious. The restaurants weren't very well prepared for the group.

2 Thank Treesmith
St. Augustine, Florida
“Good but not Great”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Our tour guide Nicolette was very knowledgeable and full of energy:) Wish there had been more history on the restaurants at the stops themselves. Was not that impressed with The Prince of Wales fish. Look like someone heated up a piece of frozen Gordon's fisherman. We did not like that we were not told a head of time where we stopped. Would have chosen a day where the restaurants complimented our tastes better.

Visited October 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

2 Thank Rachel L
Vero Beach, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a fun way to see the city and we believe this is the best way to see St. Augustine. The tour was a perfect blend of history and food. There were four food stops along with other chances to shop and admire old St. Augustine. The guide was informative and enthusiastic and the choices for food were fantastic. Be sure to bring your appetite for this one, it wont disappoint.

Visited September 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Tour I've Taken, Thanks Ed!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I found this tour on groupon and it was one of the best finds thus far. I took one of my best friends with me on this tour. We arrived at the tour center about 15 minutes early. Our tour group was small, 7 people total including our guide. Our tour guide was Ed, and he was fabulous. Along with being an amazing guide he is also a speech professor at Flagler College. I live in Jacksonville and travel to St. Augustine often, Ed’s guidance introduced me to a whole new world of culinary choices.

We strolled through the Flagler College entrance which was truly mesmerizing. In 27 years I have ever entered the college and I can’t wait to go back to take a closer look. We also made our way through café Alcazar; although we did not stop to eat the atmosphere was amazing. I look forward to trying their menu in the near future,.

Our first stop was at Old City House Inn and Restaurant. We were served cheese ravioli with an asparagus sauce and garnished with shrimp. It was by far my favorite dish. I had been to this quite little restaurant before several years prior and it never disappoints.
We then traveled a few roads down to Gaufres & Goods, a Polish and Greek cafe. There we sampled two pierogies: a cheese and potato and a meat. They also served a homemade waffle stick with whip cream and chocolate. This small family owned restaurant is now on my radar.

As we made our way to the next stop, we stopped in a local wine shop and sampled a citrus orange wine, and an orange wine smoothie. They also let us try various flavors of aged balsamic vinegar. We were given coupons for discounts in the store and to go back for a buy 1, get 1 free wine taste.

We made our way down the streets of St. Augustine stopping at different spots to listen to the different stories Ed had gained throughout the years. We arrived at our next food stop which was Meehan’s Irish Pub. There we were almost immediately served with a corn beef Ruben spring roll, a cup of New England clam chowder, and a beef brisket slow cooked in Guinness. This was my least favorite stop but I still ate everything on my plate.

We traveled farther down the road to a spice shop. There we were served orange blood tea and celery. We sampled different favored salts on our celery sticks. I choose flavors such as; bacon, pinot nior, truffle mushroom, and garlic.

Our last stop was The Gourmet Hut. The chef came out to greet us and told us what he had prepared for us that day. Our first course was a mango and shrimp crostini. It was delicious. The second course was a tomato and cucumber salad in a balsamic reduction and finally a homemade brownie with whip cream and cappuccino flavored ice cream.

The overall experience is one that I will never forget, and I cannot wait to go on this tour again. I was told that there are several different routes, however, the places I went to were fabulous and I will be back in the future. Thanks Ed for your hospitality and I look forward to our travels again.

1 Thank JaymeC709