“Very enjoyable!!”

The Savory Faire Food Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: St Augustine's very first & original 'Foodie' adventure! Visit some of the most unique off the beaten path local restaurants on this award-winning historical exploration. From tapas to desserts, you'll TASTE your way through St. Augustine's colorful history via its rich culinary influences over the centuries, with your professional tour host. All-inclusive, $49 per person, with an optional wine pairing upgrade available for $19. (includes a full glass of premium wine hand selected by the chef, at 4 of the restaurants we visit) Come hungry! Tours depart 7 Days a week and the Wine Pairing upgrades are available at check-in. The best way to experience all the delicious flavors of St. Augustine with the original & most trusted Food & Pub Tour company.
Jacksonville, Florida
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I booked our tour using a groupon, which made it just about buy one get one free. We enjoyed a pleasurable stroll thru historical downtown St. Augustine given by our guide Alan. He did a very good job!!!!

Our first stop was Athena Restaurant (Greek). We were served a goat cheese spread with pita bread as our first course. Normally i am not a fan of goat cheese, but this one i actually enjoyed. The second course was a gyro which was also very good.

Our second restaurant was Meehan's Irish Pub. Here we were served a cup of New England clam chowder, reuben spring roll and beef brisket slow cooked on guiness on a roll. All were very good!!

Third restaurant was Prince of Wales. This is the only restaurant I didn't care for and I love fish. Here we were served a beer battered, deep fried piece of fish along with a little bit of fries. It just didn't live up to the other restaurant food in terms of both taste and presentation. They may want to rethink going to this restaurant in the future.

Between our third and fourth restaurants Alan took us to a popcorn store to sample some unique flavored popcorn and a tea and spice shop. The aroma in the tea and spice shop was wonderful. We sample some tea and spices.

Our fourth and last restaurant was The Gourmet Hut. Here, the chef came out to our table and welcomed us all to his restaurant. He then proceeded to tell us what he was going to serve us today. This really impressed me to have the chef come out!!!!! I can't remember our first course, but it was good and it had a little kick to it. Second course was a delicious beef wellington. Third course was a scoop of ice cream along with a brownie covered in chocolate sauce.

Make sure you come hungry!!!! After the second restaurant I was beginning to feel full. If you have any food allergies or a certain cuisine you do not care for, please let them know ahead of time so they can hopefully grant your request. You can also purchase wine for the tour also. At each of the four restaurants, you get a glass of wine. The cost is $15 and you pay at the beginning of the tour.

Along our tour Alan also took us to a place called Vino-Del-Groto. Here we sampled different wines and wine smoothies. My wife and I enjoyed it so much we stopped back here the next day to make a few purchases. The woman working there was fun to talk to.....she is originally from New Jersey like my wife and I.

We would definitely do this again!!!!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank DS422

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“History & Food. Couldn't ask for more!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I absolutely loved the experience and our tour guide, Nicolette. She's a St Aug native and that really showed in her knowledge and enthusiasm about everything she was telling us. I learned a lot and I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to go on this tour. The food was delicious and I was pleased to hear that they switch up places from time to time. I'll definitely be back!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Breezysharp
Bradenton, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My 16 and 20 year old daughters and I had so much fun on this tour. Eat a light breakfast the day of your tour. You will have more than just a "tasting" at each stop. All of the food was good, but we enjoyed one of our stops so much, we returned the next day for a full meal. Our guide, Ed, was knowledgeable, entertaining, and made this one of our favorite days in St. Augustine. It is a great way to discover some of the outstanding restaurants in the area. I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting the area. Ask for Ed!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Amy M
Orlando, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great way to experience St. Augustine”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was a great food tour. Our guide Alan was fantastic. He knew a lot about the city, the restaurants, and the food. He was also great with advice on what to see and do in the area. The food we had was delicious and made us want to go back to every place we visited. I would definitely do this tour again.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mike J
Saint Cloud, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Time!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I took this tour and loved it! Our tour guide was excellent. She had a great knowledge of the towns history and clearly enjoyed sharing it with us. We loved learning about the restaurants we stopped at as well. Even though this was a two and a half hour walking tour, it was casual with many stops along the way...perfect for pregnant women like myself, or anyone else that enjoys taking their time. My only recommendation is to take the tour at the beginning of your stay instead of the last day like we did because our tour guide gave us some coupons to the restaurants we visited and we regret not having time to go back and visit them again. But all in all, this was a great time!

Visited June 2013