“Used To Be Our Fave Place Til The Health Code Violations”

A1A Burrito Works Taco Shop
Ranked #101 of 601 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My hubby and I used to go here ALL THE TIME - like on a first-name basis with the staff - and it was GREAT! Then the owner opened up several other locations & stopped monitoring this one. The music switched to obsenity-filled stuff so we couldn't bring our kids anymore, and the quality decreased. Finally they were written up for critical health code violations on the news, so we sadly cannot recommend them any more.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stopped in here on the recommendation of one of the hotel employees. I told her I already had my taco place in Atlanta, so if it wasn't good, I was coming to "get" her.

They offer tacos, quesadillas, burritos and some specialty dishes...all with an option of "baha style" (onion, cilantro, lime, cabbage and spicy white sauce) or "the works" (cheese, sour cream, cilantro, lettuce, onion, salsa and lime).

I had the Tempeh Burrito with "the works - minus cheese and sour cream" and a rice and black bean bowl topped with the works. Only one minor infraction, the rice was slightly overcooked - in the burrito it was less noticeable since the tempeh was well seasoned and deep fried, black beans, salsa, lettuce cabbage, lime rounded out the burrito. A little more noticeable in the rice bowl. But everything was delicious...

Perfect beach food...quick, inexpensive and a great blend of flavors. I would stop by here again - maybe for lunch tomorrow as I pull out of town.

1  Thank pfslim
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Love this place! Whenever we have guests in town we bring them here. Love the food, and the casual atmosphere is always unique and special.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Funky beachside treat!
I dream of their baja fish tacos. So good - except when they forget to hold the onions...

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The UFO burrito can't be beat....wanna feel like and eat with the locals? Don't be scared. Eat here. Great food, good location, cool vibe, good value.