“TOWER OF BEER!”

Meehan's Irish Pub
Ranked #44 of 602 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Eat, Drink, and be Irish! You'll always have a wonderful time at Meehan's, located on the waterfront in downtown Saint Augustine, FL. Meehan's Irish Pub & Seafood House is the place for locals and visitors to feel right at home in our comfortable traditional Irish Pub, Backyard or Johnny's Oyster Bar. Have a pint, swap a story, and stay for dinner. Traditional Irish food and signature seafood dishes are our specialty including, Corned Beef & Cabbage, Fish & Chips, and Shepherd's Pie. We have a variety of burgers and sandwiches, as well as a raw seafood bar and local seafood favorites. Try one of our signature dishes - Bangers & Mash, a popular dish, as well as, the Seafood Tower. Johnny's Oyster Bar upstairs has a full bar and a fabulous deck where you can overlook the Matanzas River while you dine. Join us in our "Backyard" at our Island Cafe & Tropical Bar for a Caribbean style menu and atmosphere. The pints are cold but the welcome is always warm, come join us anytime at Meehan's Irish Pub & Seafood House.
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Need I say more? Plus, their ruebens were out of this world. Great place for friends, and also, I'd like to go back and try this HUGE fish bowl drink they offer. So much fun!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,536)

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Food is good, service is somewhat slow. Has a very "happy & fun" atmosphere. We had a burger and ahi ahi sandwich - both were good. Homemade fries were excellent. Be ware - there is only on bathroom in the whole restaurant.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We always make a point to have dinner here when we are in St. Augustine.

We like the atmosphere. You sit outside around fire pit tables. It is first come first served, so you may have to wait for a table. The service is good. There are sometimes only two people tending bar and waiting on tables, but we have never had any problems with slow service.

We had Caribbean Shrimp as an appetizer and was devoured by my two boys. I always get the bangers and mash, which are good. My sons got the Sloppy John and a Meehan's burger and were both pleased. My husband had the oysters and Caesar Salad. The food is fresh, and we were told that the restaurant doesn't have a freezer.

It is always a nice place to visit.

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Last night in St Augustine and my colleagues and I stopped in for a quick round and a bite to eat. Waited at hostess stand for over 5min waiting to be seated so, I took matters into my own hands, I grabbed some menus and sat my group of 3 myself. After looking over the menu at the bar I had to call over the bar tender which I know is a "no-no" but we were in desperate need of a "social networking tool" (aka a round of beers after a really LONG day). The bartender was very friendly but didn't have a since of urgency as he seemed content chatting to a couple at the end of the bar. We only ordered a few appetizers which were pretty good. They had a great selection of beer, Irish whiskey, and liquor! The menu looked like traditional Irish fare. Loved the atmosphere and the pub had an authentic Irish-y feel to it.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Excellent food and drink. Where's the irish music??? 52 characters (100 minimum) 52 characters (100 minimum)