“Tourist and expensive” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Meehan's Irish Pub

Meehan's Irish Pub
Ranked #45 of 571 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub, Soups
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Eat, Drink, and be Irish! You'll always have a wonderful time at Meehan's, located on the waterfront in downtown Saint Augustine, FL. Meehan's Irish Pub & Seafood House is the place for locals and visitors to feel right at home in our comfortable traditional Irish Pub, Backyard or Johnny's Oyster Bar. Have a pint, swap a story, and stay for dinner. Traditional Irish food and signature seafood dishes are our specialty including, Corned Beef & Cabbage, Fish & Chips, and Shepherd's Pie. We have a variety of burgers and sandwiches, as well as a raw seafood bar and local seafood favorites. Try one of our signature dishes - Bangers & Mash, a popular dish, as well as, the Seafood Tower. Johnny's Oyster Bar upstairs has a full bar and a fabulous deck where you can overlook the Matanzas River while you dine. Join us in our "Backyard" at our Island Cafe & Tropical Bar for a Caribbean style menu and atmosphere. The pints are cold but the welcome is always warm, come join us anytime at Meehan's Irish Pub & Seafood House.
St. Augustine, Florida
“Tourist and expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Nice view of water but food Is just avearge and Beer and drinks where very expensive . Shepards Pie combo of beef and lamb was so so. Irish ribeye was $28 and large but again not a winner . Burger and pie where good . Defanitley not a romantic or date spot more of a pub trying to be more . Music was inside and also too loud . Server was on cell way too much too. Will have to try another spot next time .

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
sleepy2wn, General Manager at Meehan's Irish Pub, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Danielle,
You just described 2 of the things I dislike the most, "Average" and people on their cell phones at a restaurant. I am so sorry that that was your experience here. We do not strive to be anything other than what we are a Great place with amazing food, family service and a inviting atmosphere. You did not receive that. I will fix this so that this doesn't happen ever again at my pub. If there is anything that I can do to make this up, or say give us a chance to show you the real "Meehan's experience" please let me know. I really appreciate you impute so that we can always grow and get better.

Eric Bremer
Meehan's Irish Pub
904-810-1923
bremere@rocketmail.com

Concord, North Carolina
“Relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our family had been sightseeing in the city most of the morning and decided to stop in for a couple of drinks on the back porch at Meehan's. The bartender was friendly and the drinks were great! You felt like you were sitting on your personal back porch. The appetizers were quite tasty as well!

Visited July 2013
Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
“Excellent Irish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Two of us for lunch. . .lucky to find this place. We planned on eating at another establishment, but it was closed for the season. This pub was nearby and had an interesting menu. We were promptly seated in a front window with a view of the bay, and all the people walking by. It was a wonderful ambiance. Our server was Eimear (they all assume Irish names). She was friendly, attentive and efficient.
It was a hot, humid day so we were ready for a quick libation. The menu listed a number of imported and craft beers including several Irish imports. We settled on a Smithwicks and a Harp; both excellent brews. We also split a starter of Wexford Wings served with screaming whiskey sauce. I swear, I've never had better wings. . .crisp, spicy sauce, creamy finish, yum!
I ordered the oyster platter for an entree. There were an abundance of succulent, salty oysters, breaded and deep-fried to perfection. Sides were colcannon, golden potatoes smashed with cabbage and scallions, and mixed vegetables. The potatoes were wonderful and the vegetables were, well. . .vegetables.
My table mate ordered the steak and stout pie. I was lucky enough to get a taste of this beef, mushroom, and root vegetable pot pie with a savory gravy encrusted in a pastry shell. . .best I've ever had.
We finished with desserts. I ordered the bread pudding. It was good but nothing to write home about. My table mate ordered the key lime pie. I've tried a lot of key lime pies, but none better than this. Instead of the normal thin layer of custard, there was an apple-pie-thick layer of delicious citrus in a nutty, crumb crust. I would order it again.
I would rate this as one of the top restaurants in St. Augustine, and will return.

• Visited August 2013
Harrison, Ohio, United States
“Nice Irish Pub and Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had lunch there and enjoyed the burgers. I did think 10 to 15 for a burger was high.but you are in a tourist town. The staff was great.

• Visited August 2013
Arvada, Colorado
“JUST AVERAGE”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were disappointed with our meal experience at Meehan's. The food was just average, at best, and the prices were too high for both the food and the beer. The music helped make our experience more tolerable.The server was pre-occupied at the bar with friends and provided very poor service, on a slow night.

• Visited April 2013