“Big Disappointment”

Meehan's Irish Pub
Ranked #54 of 593 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene
Description: Eat, Drink, and be Irish! You'll always have a wonderful time at Meehan's, located on the waterfront in downtown Saint Augustine, FL. Meehan's Irish Pub & Seafood House is the place for locals and visitors to feel right at home in our comfortable traditional Irish Pub, Backyard or Johnny's Oyster Bar. Have a pint, swap a story, and stay for dinner. Traditional Irish food and signature seafood dishes are our specialty including, Corned Beef & Cabbage, Fish & Chips, and Shepherd's Pie. We have a variety of burgers and sandwiches, as well as a raw seafood bar and local seafood favorites. Try one of our signature dishes - Bangers & Mash, a popular dish, as well as, the Seafood Tower. Johnny's Oyster Bar upstairs has a full bar and a fabulous deck where you can overlook the Matanzas River while you dine. Join us in our "Backyard" at our Island Cafe & Tropical Bar for a Caribbean style menu and atmosphere. The pints are cold but the welcome is always warm, come join us anytime at Meehan's Irish Pub & Seafood House.
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Big Disappointment”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Seating was limited, We did not want to sit outside because of the weather. The bar area was our only other option. It was a week night, the bar was not crowded and it was around 6:30 PM. We ordered dinner and by the time it arrived there was a group of obnoxious drunks that came out of nowhere. We attempted to eat and shrug it off but the noise level was so extreme that we could not continue. We called our waitress over to see if there was anything that could be done. She proceeded to tell us (OH, its a bar). My wife asked if we could talk to the manager, her reply was the manager would say (It's A Bar). Our only option was to move outside in the heat or eat as fast as we could and get out. We Choose the later. The atmosphere of (It's A Bar) does not match the over pricing of the menu. UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!!!!!. DRUNKS RULE

• Visited June 2013

Carrollton, Texas
“Nice Atmosphere!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The selection of beers was great! The service was great as well. The atmosphere is very relaxed and you honestly felt at home here.

Visited July 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Not a bad place but a bit lacking for an Irish pub”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Ate there Sunday Am during their brunch hours but choose to order off the regular menu instead. It was raining out so we sat inside. The place really had a greasy smell in the air which is an issue when you leave and your clothes smell like the place you were just at. Service was fairly good and the food all 3 in my party ordered was either very good or at least adequate. I would not go out of my way to stop at this place but just the same it was not a bad meal.

• Visited July 2013
“Good food, enjoyed the view”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We sat outside and the view of the water was great as well as the nice breeze. I got the French Dip and I was kind of underwhelmed. I didn't think it was flavorful enough. But my husband finished it for me and he really liked it, so it could be my pregnancy taste buds. The fries were seasoned with parmesan and chives, but you definitely need to add your own salt. Loved that they were fresh cut and very crispy. My husband got the Guiness sliders (actually an appetizer) and he said they were delicious. Had a coupon for free dessert so we got the mint chocolate mousse and we both loved it. Wasn't very minty, but still very good.

Visited July 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Location Marvelous, Food ok”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We like to eat here for the view, located in historic downtown St. Augustine across from the fort. Definitely sit outside on the patio for the scenery and people watching. Service is great, good drink selection, but the food is only average.

We ordered the crab/shrimp dip for appetizer, barely saw shrimp, but did have real crab and was okay. Had a kick to it. I then ordered the wedge salad, again okay, and had Smoked Salmon Flatbread app for my meal, it was pretty good. My fiance had the combo platter and said it was fine.

Again, go for the atmosphere!

• Visited July 2013