“Disappointed”

Meehan's Irish Pub
Ranked #46 of 600 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Eat, Drink, and be Irish! You'll always have a wonderful time at Meehan's, located on the waterfront in downtown Saint Augustine, FL. Meehan's Irish Pub & Seafood House is the place for locals and visitors to feel right at home in our comfortable traditional Irish Pub, Backyard or Johnny's Oyster Bar. Have a pint, swap a story, and stay for dinner. Traditional Irish food and signature seafood dishes are our specialty including, Corned Beef & Cabbage, Fish & Chips, and Shepherd's Pie. We have a variety of burgers and sandwiches, as well as a raw seafood bar and local seafood favorites. Try one of our signature dishes - Bangers & Mash, a popular dish, as well as, the Seafood Tower. Johnny's Oyster Bar upstairs has a full bar and a fabulous deck where you can overlook the Matanzas River while you dine. Join us in our "Backyard" at our Island Cafe & Tropical Bar for a Caribbean style menu and atmosphere. The pints are cold but the welcome is always warm, come join us anytime at Meehan's Irish Pub & Seafood House.
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Noted the many good reviews before leaving for St. Augustine, being into good Irish fare my wife and I were disappointed. We arrived at eight thirty on Friday night; my wife ordered the Steak and Stout Pie, I the Irish Clam Chowder and Bangers / Mash. The server neglected to provide his name prior to taking our drink order. He (server) came back to let us know that there was no more Steak and Stout Pie left, far from trouble, my wife ordered the Sheppard’s Pie. The soup now approves promptly but my experience was best described as "melancholy". Trust me this is not a traditional Irish clam chowder (sorry!). I am well aware that authentic Irish bangers are impossible (legally) to have in the States but these bangers lacked any flavor or spice and the cabbage in my spuds (Colcannon) were very undercooked (where was the scallion and parsley?). A competitor in the area had better tasting food for significantly less cost (overhead). Won’t be back.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stopped in for quick lunch, I had the fresh catch sandwich, which was blackened mahi mahi with grilled vegetables on the side, everything was excellent. My husband had the reuben who said that it was great as well. The server was quick and very friendly. Will definitely be back

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I went to Meehans the other day for some great food and to see our favorite server Brittany but was saddend to hear that she no longer worked there. We decided to stay for dinner anyway because we were hungry, but the experience was not as good as before. The food was good as always but the service sucked. The server that we had made us feel like we were wasting her time. She forgot to put in our app and we had no silverware to eat our food with and had to go get some myself and then it took forever to get refills on our drinks. If I were running this establishment I would try to get Brittany back ASAP, because she knew how to treat a guest right, otherwise I woulnd't waste my time going back.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The backyard at Meehan's is perfect! Great atmosphere, relaxing and awesome food and drinks. Try the Caribbean smuggler for something sweet. The bartender Kristy was fabulous!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Corey was the best server we could have had, he was prompt, fun and personable. Everything he recommended was fantastic and he made an awesome martini!! When we are back in St. Augustine we will be back here!!