“A Nice, Pleasant Pub”

Meehan's Irish Pub
Ranked #50 of 597 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene
Description: Eat, Drink, and be Irish! You'll always have a wonderful time at Meehan's, located on the waterfront in downtown Saint Augustine, FL. Meehan's Irish Pub & Seafood House is the place for locals and visitors to feel right at home in our comfortable traditional Irish Pub, Backyard or Johnny's Oyster Bar. Have a pint, swap a story, and stay for dinner. Traditional Irish food and signature seafood dishes are our specialty including, Corned Beef & Cabbage, Fish & Chips, and Shepherd's Pie. We have a variety of burgers and sandwiches, as well as a raw seafood bar and local seafood favorites. Try one of our signature dishes - Bangers & Mash, a popular dish, as well as, the Seafood Tower. Johnny's Oyster Bar upstairs has a full bar and a fabulous deck where you can overlook the Matanzas River while you dine. Join us in our "Backyard" at our Island Cafe & Tropical Bar for a Caribbean style menu and atmosphere. The pints are cold but the welcome is always warm, come join us anytime at Meehan's Irish Pub & Seafood House.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Fish and chips were decent, about average quality. Guiness on tap was a treat. A little pricey but that's St A for you. Would probably go back for lunch.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We ate here twice. Lunch one day, dinner another. My wife and I also stopped in there one night for drinks. For lunch, I had the Reuben sandwich and the Irish chowder. Yeah...I'd go back just for that again. My wife and mother had the fish and chips. The fish was ok...batter was a little burnt and the second filet was soggy/greasy. Service...not even a little bit good. I had to get up to get drinks and napkins. Dinner was different. The service was better, the food was impeccable. They had fresh swordfish for dinner, it wasn't even on the menu. I'm so glad I ordered that. It was absolutely delicious. My mom ordered the previously mentioned Irish chowder...we can't remember what my wife had. We do remember the Magners Irish cider though. It's worth a trip there just for a few glasses of that (tell them No Ice)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

After a wonderful walk around St. Augustine's historic district, we stopped here for some seafood with an Irish twist. Although the atmosphere and view were amazing, the food was average. My dish came out lukewarm and didn't have much flavor. Another order (a mahi-mahi sandwich with fries) came out burnt as well as lukewarm. After letting the waitress know, they took 50% off the bill for just the mahi sandwich which came to $5.50. There are much better places to eat in St. Augustine especially for the prices on this establishment's menu.

1  Thank FloridaTechie
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very good Irish pub. Nice layout good choices from the bar, and plenty of seafood choices. If you get one thing there, try Oysters Meehan -- basted with garlic and parmesan cheese with a nice texture. Irish clam chowder very similar to New England version with added vegetables.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The price of everything on the menu is too expensive for the quality that you receive.
We both had a french dip sandwich. Price about $14.00 each. There was no flavor in either the meat nor the au jus dip. We have eaten in many Irish pubs throughout the USA and Ireland. This pub does not hold a candle to any of them. We did not stay long enough to see the night scene. Hopefully it is much better than early evening hours.
The service was very good however, it did not make up for the low quality food.

P.S. Most Irish pubs in the USA charge $10.00 for a much better french dip.