“Awesome place”

Meehan's Irish Pub
Ranked #47 of 600 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Eat, Drink, and be Irish! You'll always have a wonderful time at Meehan's, located on the waterfront in downtown Saint Augustine, FL. Meehan's Irish Pub & Seafood House is the place for locals and visitors to feel right at home in our comfortable traditional Irish Pub, Backyard or Johnny's Oyster Bar. Have a pint, swap a story, and stay for dinner. Traditional Irish food and signature seafood dishes are our specialty including, Corned Beef & Cabbage, Fish & Chips, and Shepherd's Pie. We have a variety of burgers and sandwiches, as well as a raw seafood bar and local seafood favorites. Try one of our signature dishes - Bangers & Mash, a popular dish, as well as, the Seafood Tower. Johnny's Oyster Bar upstairs has a full bar and a fabulous deck where you can overlook the Matanzas River while you dine. Join us in our "Backyard" at our Island Cafe & Tropical Bar for a Caribbean style menu and atmosphere. The pints are cold but the welcome is always warm, come join us anytime at Meehan's Irish Pub & Seafood House.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and myself visited st augustine a few weeks ago...upon which we stumbled upon Meehans Irish pub. We sat upstairs on the balcony. Best view in town!! We shared the drunken clams and the steamed shrimp. Freshest seafood you can find short of catching it yourself. Delicious! Our server justin( my wife still insists it was Jason) was more than helpfull with his knowledge of the town and surrounding area, letting us in on the " local favorites".... All in all just a great time .... Meehans is definitely heading our list of places to visit next time in town!!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My mom and I took a trip to St. Augustine yesterday and stopped in at this charming place by the sea. The staff were all very nice, and quick to get you what you asked for. They were quick to seat us and our drinks were out right after we sat down. I had a burger and my mom had French Dip sandwich, both were served with fries that I would, in all seriousness, drive back to St. Augustine for. They were seasoned with parmesan cheese and some other spices that had me licking my fingers. Reasonable prices for fantastic cuisine. Loved it! Plus they had over three pages of different whiskey to try! I highly recommend anyone in the area to try this lovely little place!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Excellent food (the best fish & chips I've ever had and you shouldn't miss the bread pudding), great bar with an excellent selection of beers on tap. Sit on the veranda for wonderful views of the water, Lion's Bridge and the Fort. If this place was in my town, I would be a regular.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had lunch at this pub a couple of weeks ago and were really pleased with food. Although it took a little time for our order to come out, I presume that this was due to the fact that the food was cooked to order.

We all ordered different variations of a hamburger and each of us were delighted. The beef was tender, the baps were light and fresh and the thick cut chips were delicious.

The waitress was very friendly and helpful, despite being rushed off her feet. The restaurant was clean and there was a great atmosphere to the place.

I highly recommend stopping off here for a great lunch.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We were not planning to eat here but I was needing a restroom and thought we could enjoy a drink at the bar. They let you try beer as they have a lot to chose from and many I had never heard of. Our experience was a wow for one reason and that was Eric. He was our bartender. I asked if he could recommend a good app and he gave a couple of choices but said there would be plenty for the four of us to share with the crab and shrimp dip. He was right it came with bread slices and there were 16 slices and plenty of fresh dip. Eric made a point to tell us they have yet to buy a freezer in the 3 years they had been there so we knew it was fresh. We were not surprised to find out Eric is from MN he was so nice!