“Excellent!”
Review of Meehan's Irish Pub

Ranked #85 of 610 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Eat, Drink, and be Irish! You'll always have a wonderful time at Meehan's, located on the waterfront in downtown Saint Augustine, FL. Meehan's Irish Pub & Seafood House is the place for locals and visitors to feel right at home in our comfortable traditional Irish Pub, Backyard or Johnny's Oyster Bar. Have a pint, swap a story, and stay for dinner. Traditional Irish food and signature seafood dishes are our specialty including, Corned Beef & Cabbage, Fish & Chips, and Shepherd's Pie. We have a variety of burgers and sandwiches, as well as a raw seafood bar and local seafood favorites. Try one of our signature dishes - Bangers & Mash, a popular dish, as well as, the Seafood Tower. Johnny's Oyster Bar upstairs has a full bar and a fabulous deck where you can overlook the Matanzas River while you dine. Join us in our "Backyard" at our Island Cafe & Tropical Bar for a Caribbean style menu and atmosphere. The pints are cold but the welcome is always warm, come join us anytime at Meehan's Irish Pub & Seafood House.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We ate here at least once every day over our 5 day stay in St. Augustine. Every meal was delicious, great service and perfect location.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,592)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I both ordered Fish and Chips and it was the worst meal I've every had. The batter tasted like pancake mix so we only ate the fish part. The chips were awful as well. The only good thing was the beer, what a disappointment. Don't go!!

sleepy2wn, General Manager at Meehan's Irish Pub, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

I first would like to start by apologizing for the experience you had here at Meehan's Irish Pub. We do strive to deliver the highest quality in our food, service, and experience. I appreciate all comments, whether good or not so good so that we can continue to become the best in our business. As for the fish and chips I have gone to the chef and sous chefs to determine the problem so that we can correct anything that is being done incorrectly. Again I do apologize, for this is one of our staple dishes that rarely if ever get complaints about and I will have it fixed. If you would allow me to make up for our mistakes and give us another chance, we will show you what a wonderful experience you should have had at Meehan's. Please contact me directly so that I can make arrangements the next time you visit our beautiful city of Saint Augustine.

Eric Bremer

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Fish and Chips were expensive and not cooked very well.Floors were dirty and unkept.Will not be going back.

I do truly apologize for your dinning experience you had here at Meehan's Irish Pub. We have obviously have missed a step in the process of: bringing in the freshest quality product, to having it prepared correctly by trained chefs, to delivering it in a timely manner so that it is crisp and tasty when it reaches the table. I have gone through this with my chef and sous chefs so that we can identify the problem and correct it immediately. I thank you for taking the time in letting us know where we can improve and keep moving forward to be the best of the best. I would like to make up for the mistake we have made and show you what a wonderful experience there is in-store for you and everyone dinning with us. Please contact me directly so that I can make arrangements to do so on your next visit to beautiful Saint Augustine.

Eric Bremer

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stopped in here for dinner one evening while visiting St. Augustine and was pleasantly surprised what a great dinner we had. The Chicken Dubliner was outstanding as was the Steak O'shays. Charming atmosphere and a great view.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We went for oysters on the half shell, and they were great. Also had dinner there, but can't for the life of me remember what we had -- so I guess I'd have to say it was average -- not terrible, but not impressive either.