“Great Stay Great Price...Immaculate Rooms”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Saint Augustine North
Ranked #8 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Stay Great Price...Immaculate Rooms”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Excellent accommodations. My sister and I recently spent 2 days at this location and we really enjoyed our stay. We arrived at the hotel a little late in the evening and we were quite exhausted after a long drive. Nate greeted us at check-in. He was very friendly and efficient, and seemed to love his job. Within 2-3 minutes of my arrival, we were checked in and headed to our room.

At booking, I'd requested a room close to the elevators. I was pleased to find that my room was mere steps away from the elevators. Surprisingly, though our room was near the elevators, it was very quiet. We never heard any noise in the hallways.

We were still pleased when we entered the room. The room was big, clean, and very nicely decorated. The bathroom was clean and well lit. The towels were a crisp white, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The room also came with free Wi-Fi, and this was a BIG PLUS for me because I could work while in bed.

The hotel offered a complimentary breakfast, and I was shocked to find that it was a really good breakfast. They offered a number of options, and had something to satisfy almost every palate. The only downside to the breakfast is that the area only accommodates about 40 people, and it can get pretty congested depending on the hour.

The hotel is very convenient to the historic district of St. Augustine and local attractions. There is road construction going on it the area, but we were still able to get to the historic district in about 10-12 minutes. It's also a straight shot with almost NO chance of getting lost along the way.

My check-out was just as fast, and the desk clerk was just and friendly and efficient as the clerk I'd met upon my arrival.

If I'm ever in the area, I will definitely stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: I would suggest a 4th floor room, as it was EXTREMELY quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank only1kk
mike031, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Saint Augustine North, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Only 1KK,

Thanks a lot for your recent stay and also thank you for taking the time to write this kind review!! We hope to see you back here soon!

Take care..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is my second time staying here, but probably my fifth or sixth time to the area. I prefer to stay a bit further away from the historic district because most of the hotels there tend to be much more weathered, and in greater disrepair due to heavier tourist traffic. This hotel is immaculate and the staff is amazing. The rooms are modern, clean, spacious and pretty luxurious for the price. This hotel is a great value. I looked up the price on third party sites before I arrived, but I suggest going straight to their website for the best price. I saved $10.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jamie P
mike031, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Saint Augustine North, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Jamie P,

Thanks so much for your second visit to our Hotel in Saint Augustine. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and off course a BIG thank you for calling us your "favorite hotel"!
We will look forward for your 3rd visit soon!

Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Excellent facility, very surprised at accommodations level for HIX. Very quiet, great breakfast and staff. Close to everything, inc. beaches. Had looked at several "upscale" hotels in area, but was very satisfied here and will stay here again. One note: pool was small indoors and verrrrry humid w/o opening windows. Thia was only drawback. Highly recommend. (family of 2 adults, 1 teen)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Juke 1234,

Thanks a million for your recent kind review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us..
We hope to see you back here soon..

High Point, NC
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed here for two nights while spending time in St. Augustine. While this hotel is about 8 miles from the historic area, it did not seem inconvenient, especially since we did not spend all of our time touring the downtown. The hotel is new and clean, the staff was efficient, and it was a good value compared to the more expensive places closer to the downtown. We would stay here again.

Dear NCLoggerheads,

Thanks so much for you recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Saint Augustine North! As you mentioned, we always try harder to provide each of our guests a high quality guest room at a competitive rate!
Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review and we look forward to another stay from you in the near future!

Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We loved the 2 nights we spent at this hotel. The rooms are large and clean. How clean? My husband spilled quite a bit of water out of the ice bucket on the bathroom floor. I grabbed a hand towel (sorry Express. It was all I had) and mopped it up. I was afraid to look at the towel, afraid it would be dingy, but the floor side was as clean as the unused side. Great job! Also, the front desk attendants were always friendly and helpful. Nate checked us in and answered all our questions. A few days later I called because I couldn't find my Nook charger. A very nice man named Mohamad said they had found it and would send (their cost) it to me. With this hotel you will have to drive a few miles to get to the attractions, but it is across the street from the outlet malls. I can't say enough good things about this hotel and it's staff!

Room Tip: If you like a really firm pillow, bring your own. My husband wasn't to thrilled with the breakfa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
mike031, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Saint Augustine North, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear FloridaMimi50,

Thanks a lot for your recent stay! Our team really try harder to make sure every guest room is cleaned and well prepared to higher standards! Holiday Inn Express are also constantly working hard to make sure our breakfast selection meets every taste!
Thanks again for taking the time to write this kind review!

Take care...
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Registration clerk was friendly and efficient. Room is nicely furnished and with very comfortable beds. Entire room and bathroom were spotless. Toiletries were of excellent quality. This will become our home away from home during our frequent visits to St. Augustine . . .

Dear Jose G,

Thanks a lot for your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Saint Augustine North and also thanks a million for making us your "Home Away From Home"!!
We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and we will look forward to seeing again in the near future!

Florida City, Florida
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed here on our visit to St.Augustine for the weekend. The location is not too far from town, maybe 15 minutes to get into the historic area. The staff were great, we asked the front desk to call us a cab for our sailboat ride in town, and he went ahead and printed directions to the exact location for the driver. It was well appreciated by us. The rooms are spacious and very clean. It was a very enjoyable stay.

1 Thank VegEpicure
mike031, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Saint Augustine North, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear VegEpicure,

Thanks a lot for your recent stay.. Also thank you for taking the time to write this kind review! We are so glad you received the good service you deserve from our Front Office staff! We look forward to seeing you here again the near future..

Take care...