“Clean, Right near 95”

Ranked #6 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
raleigh, nc
“Clean, Right near 95”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night, as a stop over off I-95 on our way to Disney World. This was a great hotel for our break! Very clean and modern. Nate at the front desk was very friendly.
The rooms were spacious and updated in modern decor.
Breakfast was self serve with some hot and cold items.
This hotel had interior corridors. I felt safe in this area and hotel. My kids wanted to use the indoor pool, but we did not have time. The pool looked clean and in good condition.
Overall, a great place to lay our heads for a night!

Room Tip: I think there are only 3 or 4 levels to this hotel. I probably would refrain from staying on the fi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ncdeb73
mike031, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Saint Augustine North, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear ncdeb73,

Thanks so much for your positive review! We are happy you enjoyed our convenient location in Saint Augustine, FL. We are the only hotel at this exit to offer indoor heated swimming Pool!
Thanks again for your stay at the hotel!
Take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My boyfriend and I took a weekend and went to St. Augustine. We stayed here for a couple nights and was pleased with the friendy staff, quick and easy check-in, clean and comfortable room, tasty complimentary breakfast and central location of this hotel. We couldn't have been happier anywhere else. I can't express how good it feels to stay in a room that is obviously as clean as a whistle! They must work hard to make sure everything including the lobby is well maintained becuase it shows and makes me feel more at ease to know everything is nice and sanitized from the last travelers. We will return next time we are in that area!!! Indoor pool was also a plus since even in summer you never know when its going to rain!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JennBLocal
mike031, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Saint Augustine North, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear JennBLocal,

Thanks a lot for your positive feedback and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.. We always try harder to make sure all of our guests are comfortable and well served!
Hope to see you again at the property!

Take care!
Edinburg, Texas
Reviewed August 29, 2012

For the past 15 years we've been Hilton Honor members staying at various properties like Hampton Inn's, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites and such. But like all properties you won't find their properties in all the destination hot spots. I've had fond memories of staying at Holiday Inn's that go back 25 years. I remember staying at a beach resort Holiday Inn, at the time they were called Holiday Sun Spree Resorts but they shut it down as the chain sought to rebrand their image and properties. And this is what impresses me about Holiday Inn with the new looks they've been striving for in the past decade. This location at Saint Augustine is no exception. Just like other Holiday Inn properties, the decor of the rooms reminds me of the furniture you'll find at an IKEA store. Vibrant colors you normally wouldn't use in your own house cause it may be out of your comfort zone but they pull it off in a youthful and classy sort of way. Our room was a double queen size suite with a pull out sofa. We stayed 3 days and 2 nights. Also, small gripe, our room was located right above the covered drive thru walk way leading into the hotel.......so we had the light beaming through 24/7 into our room. We didn't have thick curtains to block out the light coming in. But no big deal. The only real negative if any and its of no fault of the staff or hotel is the location and distance from the historic downtown area. But i knew going in before i made the reservations of its location. I searched various properties around the city and none were what we were looking for.
NOTE.........Oh yea! before i forget here's a tip.....

I called the main Holiday Inn reservation hotline. I did my research before i called so i knew there was a full service Holiday Inn and this Holiday Inn Express. The Holiday inn closer into town didn't have any suites that could accommodate our party. I asked the reservation rep for the Holiday Inn express and she said they had no suites avaliable and so recluntantly i made them for the Holiday Inn further into town knowing that most reviewers didn't give them high marks. YET according to the Holiday Inn website, it did show vacancy for the suite i wanted. So i called the Holiday Inn Express directly and it proved me right all along. the lady working the front desk was very kind and nice. She even discounted a night or two for us which was a delight even though the room to me was a bargin to begin with. So be warned, if you make it through Holiday Inn's national reservation hotline, you may not get the best deal or their systems may not be updated. OR the sales rep didn't know what she was doing, and for perspective I use to be a hotel sales rep. I've done bookings for national hotel chains, condos, rentals you name it. But sometimes calling the Hotel directly since they're sometimes independantly run as franchies etc you can get past the no nonsense.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly rather than the national hot line or those budget hotel websites like Hotels...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SNE544
mike031, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Saint Augustine North, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear SNE544,

I wanted to take the time to thank you for your stay with us! Our brand has really improved in the last 5 years. All our properties have been re-freshed with lots of newly constructed hotels in more locations, like our very own location right here in Saint Augustine, FL.
I am so glad you have enjoyed our new hotel and its modern decor! We really hope to see back at our hotel in the near future.

Thanks again.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Very clean hotel, service is average. Beds were very comfortable and there I couldn't hear a lot of outside noise. The breakfast was typical hiexpress fare. I liked that the hotel was in walking distance to the outlet mall located behind it. You're within a reasonable 15 minute drive of all the tourist attractions.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NTC214
mike031, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Saint Augustine North, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear NCDG757,

Thanks a lot for your recent review. Glad you enjoyed our hotel and its location. We look forward to having you back at the property very soon! Take care..
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express weekend of August 102012, for a short visit to St. Augustine. I picked this hotel because it is a fairly new hotel and close to the historic downtown. I was plesantly surprised starting with the front desk staff who were very helpful and the cleaniness of all areas in the hotel. The breakfast was great, everything was fresh and staff was constantly adding food as it ran out. They do have an inside pool which is great for the kids. All in all, I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I always go for the higher floors since you always have a view and it is quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Servanda
mike031, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Saint Augustine North, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Servanda,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! Our guest services staff would be thrilled to read your positive comments! Hope to see you back at our hotel in the near future.. Take Care!
New York City
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Passing by St. Augustine decided to stay one night before returning home so that we could visit some of the attractions in the area. Even though this hotel is not located in the center of the city it is so convenient, there's donkin donut a few steps away and the outlets are within walking distance. The rooms are great (not something I would expect from a holiday inn express). Lastly what blew us away was the free hot continental breakfast which was loaded with choices, friendly attendat and great breakfast room with a flat panel tv. Overall great value for the money, keep it up we will be staying with you on our next trip to St Augustine and God willing will stay a few days next time.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank arsenio15
mike031, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Saint Augustine North, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Good Day arsenio15,

We really appreciated your great review.. And yes, we hope to see you back at the property soon!! So glad you enjoyed your first stay with us!

Take care..
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The hotel is clean with great amenities. The staff was very friendly and helpful when we asked about local attractions. We enjoyed having a refrigerator in the room for leftovers. Their location is great, we walked into the downtown area everyday. There is a great coffee shop next door too, I think it was City Coffee. We will be staying here again soon. No need to look around for another place to stay in Saint Augustine-we enjoyed our visit so much with Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Savannah_Living
mike031, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Saint Augustine North, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Savannah_Living,

Thanks a lot for your recent stay with us. We are glad you had a good stay here in Saint Augustine and we will look forward to seeing again soon!

Take care..