“Great authentic Italian”

Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida, United States
“Great authentic Italian”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

If you want Italian make the drive to this small little a frame and you will be delighted you did. I am certain they make the very best lasagna I have ever had! The staff is friendly and it is a very sweet and low key relaxed atmosphere.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Guyanna E

Rochester, New York
“Excellent sauce and service”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

While on vacation and exploring the St. Johns area of St. Augustine, my husband and I stopped for lunch at Benito's Italian Café and Pizzeria. We were wonderfully surprised at the décor, the service and, most of all, the food. I chose the eggplant parmesan for my main dish and found the sauce absolutely delicious. For my starter, I chose the salad over the soup and it was one of the freshest salads I have ever had. As his starter, my husband had the minestrone soup and offered me a taste. It was excellent. We will definitely return.

• Visited February 2014
Florida
“Really great food!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

We hadn't eaten here in a year because we didn't like their food. But our company likes Italian food, it was close to home, and it was pouring rain. So, we gave it another try. What a surprise!! I don't know if it is a new chef, new owners, or new recipes, but the food is terrific! We will be back soon!!

Visited January 2014
Saint Johns
“Inexpensive and Quick Lunch”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I live in the area and usually only go to Benito's for lunch - the value can't be beat. All lunch entrees are $6.95 - even dishes that are usually more pricy like linguine with clam sauce, etc.

I've had most of their signature chicken dishes like chicken piccata and marsala and they are consistently good. Their homemade garlic yeast rolls melt in your mouth - I have to stop myself after one, so I don't fill up before the meal comes! Their salad dressing and soups are made from scratch. Even their desserts are homemade - try the warmed chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream.

It is the 'go to' place for my teenage son and me have a filling lunch with leftovers to spare! I'd recommend it in a heartbeat!

• Visited July 2013
East Greenbush
“Great Italian Food”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Each year when my wife and I visit the St Augustine area we take a break from a week of eating seafood and get some great italian food at Benito's. I discovered Benito's 10 or so years ago on my way back from playing golf. I am usually leary of resteraunts in a strip mall setting but I am glad I took a chance. Being from New York and being a foodie I believe I understand what good Italian food is. Benito's rates right up there. Sausage and peppers, Chicken Parm its all here. Nice atmosphere and friendly wait staff. Prices not to bad.

• Visited March 2013