“Excellent choice and great value”

Benito's Italian Cafe & Pizzeria
Ranked #274 of 584 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
St. Augustine, FL
“Excellent choice and great value”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Going out with friends for dinner, we found this restaurant by accident, through a nearby local merchant's recommendation. What a great find that proved to be! The place is attractive, well kept, neat and clean, with an extensive menu of Italian dishes. But, to our surprise, we found out that the owner being German, they also feature on certain nights, mostly Tuesdays, some authentic German dishes. Their happy hour is an excellent value to add to the enjoyment. Everybody in our party had a great experience and we all planning another visit already!

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank PeterandLindaD

Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Pizza and Beer Selection”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This restaurant, though Italian, is owned by a German who knows how to cook great pizza. Bacon crumbles on our "supreme" sent it over the top. There is a full bar to one side and is well-buffered that offers a nice selection of beers which include some German offerings. Tuesday nights they offer a full German menu. The atmosphere is quite nice and comfortable.

• Visited June 2012
4 Thank ABPV
st. augustine
“Fresh, delicious Italian”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I had the distinct pleasure of visiting Benito's this afternoon (and actually double-checked to make sure that it was the same place, after reading the next review)! The warm herb rolls were my first clue, and I was not disappointed. The place has a classier atmosphere than I was expecting from the fact that it's in a strip mall; nice table settings and presentation. My server was attentive and friendly, and I ended up telling him that I had lived in Italy for several years, and am rather discerning when it comes to sauces, etc. Theirs definitely made the grade! Extensive menu, great prices, and conveniently located: score!

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank jeanwSt_Augustine
Palm Bay, Florida
“Definitely not what we expected regardless of the reviews!”
Reviewed April 10, 2011

The food was neither good or tasty, lacking flavor and even salt., though there was plenty. The atmosphere was dark and dank, but if you like small and 'neighbor-hoody' establishments then you will enjoy. The wait staff was short and unfriendly and it seemed we were being rushed even though the restaurant was not packed. She did not introduce herself and didn't smile until she counted her tip. The reviews were not helpful and this is a place you have to try yourself....to each his/her own!

• Visited April 2011
St. Augustine, Florida
“I'd definitely eat there again and again.”
Reviewed March 3, 2011

I treated a friend to lunch there today and had a nice meal. Lunches come with large portions with a choice of soup or salad. My friend had the minestrone soup and she said it was good I had the ceasar salad and it was one of the best I'd had in a long time. It was a full bowl of salad with a generous helping of parmesan (I think) cheese and it was tasty. Im not big on dressing and usually eat my salad plain, but this was yum. Just thinking about it as I write makes me want another bowl. We both had pasta with basillicata (sp?). I really liked it and she thought it was good, too. All this was $5.95 each. We had a nice waiter (I think he said his name was Andre?). We didn't have to wait long for the food. We both got dessert. She had chocolate cake. It came with vanilla ice cream drizzled with chocolate and whipped creme. She let me have a bite of it and I liked it, too. I had cheese cake and strawberries that practically melted in my mouth. I'm not a big fan of cheese cake, but I got it because the waiter said he liked it and I'm glad I listened to him. All I can say is Im going back. My friend said she would go too the next time shes in town.

• Visited March 2011