“An Outstanding Restaurant”

Old City House Inn and Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Old City House Inn and Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 593 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: International Restaurant With Full Bar Out Door Siting Front And Court Yard Cozy Ambience Also B&b 7 Rooms,free Parking,manager Hours, Breakfast Included, Free Wi-fi In The Rooms Weddings, Weddings Reception, Private Party Available
“An Outstanding Restaurant”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

New owners, new chef, cozy atmosphere, charming waitstaff, and food preparation and presentation that has few rivals in this area. The Old City House Inn and Restaurant sits next to St. Augustine's premiere hotel, and across the street from the Lightner Museum. The restaurant is open to the public, not just for B&B guests. It has always been one of the top restaurants that I recommend to friends visiting the area, but now I consider it one of two of St. Augustine's best.

Visited August 2013

Tampa, Florida, United States
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This cozy little restaurant only seats about 30 people. It is charming and you feel like you are in a french country inn even though you are downtown St. Augustine. The food was wonderful, the service exceptional and the atmosphere truly comfortable.

Visited July 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Best Cheesecake EVER...mediocre dinner”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is a lovely little place to have a romantic meal, but food could use some improvement. We were in town to celebrate our 20th anniversary and our b & b recommended Old City House Inn for dinner. The service was excellent, the wine delicious, and the potato accompaniment to our meals was absolutely fantastic -- butter, cheese, potatoes, heaven. My husband ordered the Ahi tuna, which he thought was just ok. My salad was really nice, I chose the rum-raisin dressing and it was yummy. Our meals, both steak entrees, were good, but nothing special -- my steak was underdone, my husband's was overdone. The gem of the meal was dessert -- their homemade cheesecake was the best I have ever had..ever. It was indescribable, really -- light, fluffy, taste was amazing, and it was covered with a huge roll of white chocolate deliciousness. Don't miss it if you eat there. I think this place has potential to be a really outstanding restaurant if they just work a bit on their entrees.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank PC40
Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
“The Perfect Romantic Birthday Surprise Dinner For My Wife”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I went all over town to find the best place to stage a very romantic dinner to surprise my wife for her 60th birthday, and I could not have picked a better place! Juan, the new owner, and waitress Peggy were very eager to help me with all of my plans down to the last detail, and the result was an evening way beyond everything I had imagined. The atmosphere was elegant, the food was incredible, the service was fabulous and my wife was speechless! My mission totally accomplished! Thank you Juan, Peggy and everyone behind the scenes for a great night! I highly recommend Old City House to anyone planning a special occasion or just go there for a meal, and it will become a special occasion! We will be back soon!

• Visited July 2013
Coral Springs, Florida
“A diamond found in a box of cracker jacks”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My granddaughter wanted to go to St. Augustine for her 16h b-day. We took her and two girlfriends. I was disappointed with the appearance of the town historic is old not unkempt. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the old city inn with a
bright and inviting decor. The food delicious, creative and beautifully presented. The staff went above and beyond to make you feel more like a guest then a patron. Pricey but well worth it.

• Visited July 2013