“A little gem!”

Fratelli's Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a Trendy Restaurant on Anastasia Island, Saint Augustine offering fresh American Peruvian Fusion Brunch, Wine and Beer Cocktails, a wide range of Exotic Mimosas, authentic Upscale Peruvian Cuisine for Dinner, exceptional service and a completely new exciting dining Experience.
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were staying at St Augustine Beach and discovered this restaurant on our way back from the Old Town. It was Friday night and Downtown was just too busy for us.
Nice choice of food; both meat and fish, good prices and reasonably priced wine. Friendly service, intimate atmosphere, Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is a nice Italian restaurant located on Anastasia Island. It’s nothing to look at outside, but quaint and charming inside. We were greeted warmly and were seated just inside the door. There aren’t many tables here, but then how many does one need?

We ordered wine, a Pinot Noir ($29) that was good, once we got it. Our server knew nothing about wine and she admitted that, as she was only 20 years old. I saw her go back to get help and she and a lady were behind the small bar doing something and the lady (Sylvia) brought the bottle of wine out, already opened. I’m not really fond of not seeing my bottle opened at the table, especially when there are a number of wines available by the glass. Still, Sylvia was very nice and easily engaged in conversation with us.

We asked for bread, which was delicious and asked that our salads be brought out before we ordered dinner. I prefer to not be rushed into finishing my salad in case the entrées come out too fast. I also like to enjoy my wine at a slower pace as well. Sylvia was nice to recommend items and I ordered a shrimp and scallop pasta and my guest ordered a chicken dish. The salads were a nice small size and of great quality, which is better than a big salad of mediocre quality.

The strangest thing occurred when I asked where the men’s room was. It was through the kitchen all the way in the back of the restaurant. Yes, you must go through the kitchen door, between the stove and grills and the “hot line” to get to it. The chef was cooking and I saw my shrimp and scallops on the grill as I went passed right by it. I’m posting a photo of the kitchen so you will know I’m completely serious about this. He moved aside so I could pass and was very nice about it. I am very easy going and this is Florida after all, but I have never seen a set-up like this ever, although I was more amused by it than disturbed.

Our entrées came out later and I must say they were delectable. Everything was cooked perfectly. We decided to order wine by the glass when we finished our bottle and to my surprise, the glasses were completely full up to the rim! Finding this out, I decided next time to order by the glass because that’s where the value was. There must have been half a bottle of wine in just those two glasses, so we order two more!

We were on our second serving of that great bread and real butter by this time and Sylvia continued to check on us, as she basically took over the service of our table. She was so refreshing and nice to talk to and left us with a great impression of the restaurant. The men’s room didn’t really matter that much and we felt as though we were true guests.

Our tab wasn’t cheap; maybe pushing $100 but the food and service was outstanding and well worth it. You can dine here for a lot less if you aren’t the lushes that we are. I can’t blame a 20 year old for not knowing wines and since Sylvia supervised our service, everything was extremely nice. The ambiance was nice, although a little campy with the strings of lights, but that just added to the charm. I would not hesitate to recommend Fratelli’s to anyone. Not a place I would like to find children, at least unruly ones.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Close to home, small and quaint - amazing service and a great wine list - the complimentary port after dinner is a welcome and nice touch!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I recently dined at Fratelli's. It was a relaxing experience and so different from so many other restaurants we visited during our two week stay in St. Augustine. This is a restaurant that attracts the locals, which is something we look for when we are visiting a new place. Our server was very friendly, accommodating and efficient.
The hot rolls and fresh salad were delicious. We both ordered the almond encrusted salmon with the raspberry beurre topping. Yum! One small suggestion.....use less olive oil with your mixed vegetables. They were tasty but a bit heavy.
Everyone dining at Fratelli's seemed to be having a great time. I overheard one family say that the always go to Fratelli's for their birthday meals. I can tell why. When we visit again, we will be sure to stop for dinner at Fratelli's.

1  Thank PAtraveler60
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was a perfect restaurant and we even got an awesome deal with Groupon! The food was made with real wine and we had excellent service at the Mom & Pop shop.