“Fine but nothing special.”
Review of Fratelli's Restaurant - CLOSED

Fratelli's Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a Trendy Restaurant on Anastasia Island, Saint Augustine offering fresh American Peruvian Fusion Brunch, Wine and Beer Cocktails, a wide range of Exotic Mimosas, authentic Upscale Peruvian Cuisine for Dinner, exceptional service and a completely new exciting dining Experience.
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Fratelli's is a cute little place (inside) just over the bridge from the historic district. The staff are all very pleasant, but the service is very slow. I can understand that entrees make take some time to get out, but a cup of soup? And there's a lot of sitting around, though they did a good job of keeping the water glasses full.
As far as the food, it's typical Italian-American red sauce fare. Perfectly fine, but nothing really worth making a special trip for, and certainly nothing even approaching what you'd find in my Italian grandmother's kitchen. Still, the prices are reasonable, and it's definitely a step up from the chains.

Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

We had purchased a Groupon to use when we found ourselves in St Augustine and were we glad we did as this place was outstanding in food, service and ambience. We went around 5pm for an early dinner and had the place totally to ourselves so it was nice and quiet, service was attentive but the food was the real star. We had the fettucine with spinach mushroom sauce and angel hair pasta with meat sauce and both were just delicious, salads with homemade dressing was cold and crisp and the rolls were hot and tasted wonderful. We thought prices were fair and would recommend and go again.

1  Thank mscbestforyou
Reviewed December 2, 2012

There are so many restaurants in St. Augustine that it is easy to overlook some really good places to eat. Fratelli's was one such place. It is easily found since it is immediately south of the Bridge of Lions on A1A, but is unassuming from the exterior and easy to drive by. However, last might my wife and I remember to give it a try and we're glad we did. The restaurant is small and pleasantly decorated. The service was prompt and attentive throughout the meal. We had escargot for an appetizer and enjoyed it a great deal. I had cannelloni and my wife had stuffed shells for the main course. Both were very nicely prepared and tasted great. The dinner comes with either soup or salad. I had the minestrone which was very much to my taste. I've found that restaurant minestrone can be too salty for my taste and sometimes heavy on the beans and light on the vegetables. This was not the case at Fratelli's. The soup had a nice variety of appropraite vegetables and was spiced right for my taste. My wife had the salad which was fresh with a very nice dressing. The wine and beer lists are long. We opted for the house chianti and it was very nice. The prices are very reasonable with most of the entres under $16. Last night was the first time in probably 10 years that we had eaten in Fratelli's, but we intend to make it a regular dinner spot in the future.

1  Thank Ml W
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have lived in St. Augustine for six years and never knew this place existed, (the building is tiny and very unassuming). I decided to stop here after reading the great reviews on TripAdvisor and will be returning in the near future!

I will say this place is very small! I would guess there are 20-25 tables max and the feeling here is very "intimate." Also, the service is laid back so don't stop if you are expecting to pop in and out within 30 minutes. I assume this is due to everything being made fresh and the taste of the food validates those assumptions.

We started out with fresh bread and house salads. The bread was amazing and the homemade dressings were delicious! I ordered the Shrimp Elizabeth and my partner decided on lasagna. Our dinners arrived approximately 20-25 minutes after ordering and was well worth the wait. My dish consisted of, (locally caught), shrimp in a blue cheese sauce. The shrimp were perfectly cooked and the sauce was a nice compliment, (very subtle and not overpowering). The pasta was also served "al dente" - perfect! My partners serving of lasagna was huge and came out piping hot. He said the red sauce was delicious and the lasagna was better than any he has had...anywhere!

The prices at Fratelli's are extremely reasonable and the food quality is some of the best you will find in St. Augustine.

Positive:
- Quality
- Prices
- Service, (friendly but slow - no fault of the servers)

Neutral:
- hard to find
- small, (this may a positive thing if you're looking for an intimate environment)
- bathrooms - you must walk through the kitchen to access them.

Negative:
- NONE!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I am the front office manager at a hotel in st augustine and people ask me constantly where the best italian restaurant is. I typically send them to Carrabas or Amaci's, but never again. I ate at Fratelli's and it absolutely blew me away. Very simple food, creamy parm salad, chicken alfreado, great beer selection, fresh bread. Everything about it was flawless. The food was flavorful and you could tell it was true a home cooked meal. Dinner for 3 people was only 55 dollars, and we had several drinks each. Not only will I be sending people here, I will also become a regular myself. Ignore the bad reviews on here, they are completely false.