“Nice ambient and very good food.”
Review of Fratelli's Restaurant - CLOSED

Fratelli's Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a Trendy Restaurant on Anastasia Island, Saint Augustine offering fresh American Peruvian Fusion Brunch, Wine and Beer Cocktails, a wide range of Exotic Mimosas, authentic Upscale Peruvian Cuisine for Dinner, exceptional service and a completely new exciting dining Experience.
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Nice ambient and very good food.”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

There are so many restaurants in St. Augustine that it is easy to overlook some really good places to eat. Fratelli's was one such place. It is easily found since it is immediately south of the Bridge of Lions on A1A, but is unassuming from the exterior and easy to drive by. However, last might my wife and I remember to give it a try and we're glad we did. The restaurant is small and pleasantly decorated. The service was prompt and attentive throughout the meal. We had escargot for an appetizer and enjoyed it a great deal. I had cannelloni and my wife had stuffed shells for the main course. Both were very nicely prepared and tasted great. The dinner comes with either soup or salad. I had the minestrone which was very much to my taste. I've found that restaurant minestrone can be too salty for my taste and sometimes heavy on the beans and light on the vegetables. This was not the case at Fratelli's. The soup had a nice variety of appropraite vegetables and was spiced right for my taste. My wife had the salad which was fresh with a very nice dressing. The wine and beer lists are long. We opted for the house chianti and it was very nice. The prices are very reasonable with most of the entres under $16. Last night was the first time in probably 10 years that we had eaten in Fratelli's, but we intend to make it a regular dinner spot in the future.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Ml W

St. Augustine, Florida
“Great Italian Food!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have lived in St. Augustine for six years and never knew this place existed, (the building is tiny and very unassuming). I decided to stop here after reading the great reviews on TripAdvisor and will be returning in the near future!

I will say this place is very small! I would guess there are 20-25 tables max and the feeling here is very "intimate." Also, the service is laid back so don't stop if you are expecting to pop in and out within 30 minutes. I assume this is due to everything being made fresh and the taste of the food validates those assumptions.

We started out with fresh bread and house salads. The bread was amazing and the homemade dressings were delicious! I ordered the Shrimp Elizabeth and my partner decided on lasagna. Our dinners arrived approximately 20-25 minutes after ordering and was well worth the wait. My dish consisted of, (locally caught), shrimp in a blue cheese sauce. The shrimp were perfectly cooked and the sauce was a nice compliment, (very subtle and not overpowering). The pasta was also served "al dente" - perfect! My partners serving of lasagna was huge and came out piping hot. He said the red sauce was delicious and the lasagna was better than any he has had...anywhere!

The prices at Fratelli's are extremely reasonable and the food quality is some of the best you will find in St. Augustine.

Positive:
- Quality
- Prices
- Service, (friendly but slow - no fault of the servers)

Neutral:
- hard to find
- small, (this may a positive thing if you're looking for an intimate environment)
- bathrooms - you must walk through the kitchen to access them.

Negative:
- NONE!

Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Amazing and affordable”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I am the front office manager at a hotel in st augustine and people ask me constantly where the best italian restaurant is. I typically send them to Carrabas or Amaci's, but never again. I ate at Fratelli's and it absolutely blew me away. Very simple food, creamy parm salad, chicken alfreado, great beer selection, fresh bread. Everything about it was flawless. The food was flavorful and you could tell it was true a home cooked meal. Dinner for 3 people was only 55 dollars, and we had several drinks each. Not only will I be sending people here, I will also become a regular myself. Ignore the bad reviews on here, they are completely false.

St. Augustine, FL
“Cute but disappointing”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I visited this restaurant recently for dinner. We liked the atmosphere, very small and cozy, nicely decorated for that "homey" feeling of a small "trattoria" in Italy. They have an extensive list of beers (bottled) and wines, at fair prices which are all listed on the menu. Their house wine was very good and inexpensive. The food, on the other hand, was a disappointment.
The minestrone soup was mediocre. I opted for a light fare, pasta primavera, which was slobbered heavily with a heavy, creamy Alfredo-like sauce, with some what appeared to be steamed vegetables. What should have been a light fare turned out to be rich in fat and calories, but light in flavor. I would recommend this restaurant for a quiet, romantic evening experience rather than a dining experience.

Madison, Alabama
“Italian one more time”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I rarely allow myself Italian food, but for some reason Italian was hitting the spot this trip. Fratelli's did not disappoint! The food was delicious and the atmosphere perfect.