“OK but not as good as it used to be”

White Lion Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #203 of 589 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Orlando, Florida
“OK but not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Over the years, we visited St. Augustine many times and we often ended up at the White Lion. We liked the good food, nice view, and good service. This time, however, we noticed that the restaruant has not been updated, the menu has changed, and the service was very slow even though it was not busy.
It took more than 40 minutes between the time we ordered our sandwiches and the time they arrived. The food was okay, but the limited menu did not offer many choices.
The view of the fort and bay is still very nice, but the slow service and lack of upkeep on the property will cause us to go elsewhere on our next visit to the area.

• Visited December 2012

Winter Springs, Florida
“Good food. Great service.”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We stopped into the White Lion for a late lunch. The outside terrace was almost full but it was a little cold so we sat inside. The staff was friendly and our waitress was really nice and helpful. Our food came quickly and was good. My son and I split the chicken fingers and fries and he loved them and the honey mustard sauce. My husband enjoyed the meatloaf and mashed potatoes. The waitress was very attentive and we enjoyed the meal and atmosphere.

daytona beach
“Food was extremely disappointing...”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This restaurant is in such a prime & wonderful location. They have an enjoyable outside seating area where our waitress was just fine. I wish these bonuses could make up for their terrible food. Sadly it was so awful my husband and I couldn't even finish our meals. We started with the loaded cheese fries. Frozen "cookie cutter" fries that were smothered in cold cheese whiz & bacon bits so old that I may have chipped a tooth. They were inedible. Hard to believe that fries could be that bad but they were. We tried to remain optimistic for our main meal..their meatloaf special and staple buffalo wild wings. HUGE HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT..it took awhile for our food to come out. I attempted to remove some of the saturated, thick & runny wing sauce with my napkin. My husband tried to be a trouper & switch meals with me. Unfortunately his was even worse. The meatloaf was actually burnt. Hmmm?!?! The sides of rice and mashpotatoes and gravy were terrible. I must add that we were absolutely starving and would've devoured almost anything..sadly we both left more hungry then when we came in. Our server was helpful and our cheese fries were removed from our bill.
Even as simple bar food I still don't recommend The White Lion.

• Visited December 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Came back. Enjoyed for the most part”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

After a couple year break from vacationing to St. Augustine I am happy to say that my husband and I came back to the White Lion for the great drinks and the family atmosphere that we have become accustomed to. We came upon the bar on a Wednesday afternoon and while the bar was somewhat busy we enjoyed a few drinks. For the most part, everything was great. The bartender was a very young woman who seemed pretty annoyed every time we ordered a drink but the drinks were made timely nonetheless.

Food saved the day. Hubby loves the chicken nachos!!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank maryreynolds222
St. Augustine, Florida
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Came in on a Sunday night. Restaurant seemed slow. Staff was polite and friendly. Mahi sandwich was cooked beautifully. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited October 2012