“Hidden treasure ”

Casa Benedetto's Ristorante
Ranked #10 of 632 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: Casa Benedetto's is a family owned restaurant featuring authentic Sicilian homestyle cooking. We come from a long line of talented cooks who believe that the best food comes from using the freshest best ingredients available prepared with love and attention to detail.We pride ourselves in keeping alive the traditional "holiday foods" we grew up with that not many care to take the time & trouble to prepare from scratch in our busy modern world. Casa Benedetto's is open for lunch and dinner Monday thru Saturday We always have Sinatra singing in the background, fresh linens on the tables& candlelight in the evenings. Our staff is trained to make your visit a pleasant one and we strive to meet all special dietary needs or favorite dishes that may be missing from our menu that you desire Gluten free meals are always available.We are accepting cash or debit for payment in an effort to keep our prices competitive. We are closed on Sundays but do open for Mother's Day Xmas & NY Eves
Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

Casa Benedetto’s was like going to eat at a relatives home. The owners made us feel very welcomed & Carrie our waitress was super attentive to our wants. I had the veal piccata & it was outrageous. The veal melted in your mouth & the sauce outstanding. My husband had the lasagna & the sauce had so much flavor it could be eaten alone. We had the muscles as appetizer & they are on our top 10! We can’t wait to go back & try their other dishes. Will definitely be adding this as one of our stops every time we go to St Augustine

Write a ReviewReviews (1,992)

Reviewed December 8, 2017

My husband and I recently visited this restaurant. He enjoyed his Sausage and Peppers over pasta and I enjoyed my Wilted Romaine Salad with vegetables and sausage.. We were looking forward to trying their homemade desserts - I even left some lettuce so I had room. However, when the waitress came to take my plate away, she put the check on the table and said she would be right back to pick it up. Image our surprise to learn we were finished with the meal. I guess the table across from us got the last desserts! We left the money on the table with a tip that I thought was too much, and went to another place and got a dessert. We will not go back.

2  Thank lynn082017
RT6357, Owner at Casa Benedetto's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2017

We are so sorry to hear that your server forgot to suggest dessert to you. I make all our desserts homemade from scratch and we are all very proud of how much guests really enjoy them. I am not sure how this error was made but I am guessing it was a little bit busy and it may have just slipped the servers mind. However you certainly could have ordered dessert and your ticket could have been adjusted. Many times guests decide to have coffee and dessert after initially not planning on it.
Again I am sorry that you had this experience. It certainly was not intended.
Robyn & Jay and staff

Reviewed December 6, 2017

Had dinner at Casa this evening and was surprised at the selection, quality and taste of the food. This is a hidden gem in the St Augustine restaurant scene. The food taste great. I had the Rice Balls (which I highly recommend), they were crunchy on the outside and just so delicious on the inside - loaded with cheese and meat in a creamy sauce. The sauce which accompanied them was OH so good. I could make a meal out of these.
Following this and a salad I had the Cannelloni which was delicious. My companion had the Chicken Cacciatore over Linguine which was superb.

The dinner was a relaxing delicious affair in a place which is as laid back as you can get. There was no rush, no push to get you in and out, just a nice quite dinner like you would have in a good friends' home. The portions were big, well prepared and really hot - like you would get at home.

If you are in the St Augustine area and don't stop here for a meal, then you've missed one great restaurant with fantastic food.

1  Thank RJ S
Reviewed December 6, 2017

This was probably the best Italian food I've ever eaten in the US. Classic dishes were perfectly prepared. We had a big party and sat in the former living room of this "casa" surrounded by charming mementoes and serenaded by Frank. We had terrific service and well-paired wine, but really it is all about the food. The perfectly fresh clams for the linguine. The pops of exhilaration in the diablo. The well built lasagna. The smooth flavorful meatballs. The beautifully crisp exterior of the arancini. The absolutely stunning white bean appetizer. The lovely balance of salt and cheese in the Ceasar salad. The ideally proportioned dessert bites. Really, nothing could have been better.

Reviewed December 6, 2017

only 3 couples there and our food ie. chicken marsala and peppers and onions was not very tasty and the marsala was very oily.

1  Thank Ann32084