“excellent as usual”

Casa Benedetto's Ristorante
Ranked #8 of 601 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: Casa Benedetto's is a family owned restaurant featuring authentic Sicilian homestyle cooking. We come from a long line of talented cooks who believe that the best food comes from using the freshest best ingredients available prepared with love and attention to detail.We pride ourselves in keeping alive the traditional "holiday foods" we grew up with that not many care to take the time & trouble to prepare from scratch in our busy modern world. Casa Benedetto's is open for lunch and dinner Monday thru Saturday We always have Sinatra singing in the background, fresh linens on the tables& candlelight in the evenings. Our staff is trained to make your visit a pleasant one and we strive to meet all special dietary needs or favorite dishes that may be missing from our menu that you desire Gluten free meals are always available.We are accepting cash or debit for payment in an effort to keep our prices competitive. We are closed on Sundays but do open for Mother's Day Sunday.
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I have ben coming regularly for years since it first opened and I was happy to find that it was even better than I remembered after having been away for most of a year. We brought friends from St Augustine who were eating there for the first time. We had an excellent meal and went home with a box of cookies that kept us happy for a couple of days. It really pleases me to see that the restaurant is flourishing. Eric Clapton came in to eat as we were leaving.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,856)

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We ate here for the first time about two years ago while on vacation. It was excellent! We decided to spend the night in St. Augustine on our way home from the Keys this week so that I could have my scuba certification reward dinner at Casa Benedetto's. It did not disappoint! We had the Rice Balls, which are very unique and tasty. I had the Fettuccine Alfredo with Italian Wedding soup. Both were delicious. My husband had the HUGE Veal Parmesan with a Caesar salad. He loved his choices as well. Then, to celebrate my scuba certification, I got the Tiramisu for dessert. I love Tiramisu and this is by far the best I have ever had. We would definitely come here more often if we lived here. Like other reviewers have stated, it is vey small inside. If it is peak season or you have a large party, you might want to call ahead. It is well worth the trip!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

As we were driving out of town on A1A we saw Casa Benedetto's at Crescent Beach and turned the car around; so very glad we did. I had remember the name from the reviews and it was lunch time. We were greeted by the owner and decided to sit outside in the beautiful sunshine.
She told us the restaurant/family history and all about her authentic Italian cooking. Being from an Italian Southside Chgo neighborhood I knew right away this lady was the real deal. We perused the extensive menu and everything looked so wonderful but we decided on the lasagna, the eggplant parm, & an order of sausage & meatballs. Soon after she brought us out wonderful warm crusty bread with caponata (eggplant relish). I can't describe how wonderful it was; it was a joy to eat. Soon our meal arrived, what can I say, authentic Italian cooking the way it should be. Both the lasanga and eggplant dishes were just like we get at our local corner deli/restaurant back home - simple and delicious. Now, the meatball & sausage, probably some of the best I've tasted. This tiny place along the beach is worth the lovely ride out of St. Augustine whether it be for lunch or dinner (type go at an off time). Truly, you'll thank me.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

In preparation for my husband's birthday trip to Saint Augustine, I decided to take him to this restaurant as it was highly rated on TripAdvisor. We found out our hotel was a good 30 minutes away, but decided to make the trek anyway. AND it was SOOO worth it! Upon arriving, I realized how small the restaurant truly was. Shaped like an "A," it held about 25 guests on the inside. We arrived around 645 and by 7 the owners had to turn guests away as it was so crowed and raining (so outside seating was not available). The restaurant left like we were in the owners' own dining/living room as it was very intimate and decorated like a home. All food was prepared by order with nothing pre-made. The dining experience took about 2 hours as we ordered and split a Cesar Salad, The soup of the day, Pasta and Meatballs, and a slice of Chocolate cake. This was by far the best Italian meal we have ever had (and we eat a lot of Italian). The dinner and wine menu is extensive. The spiral spaghetti we ordered was cooked perfectly al dente, topped with a giant meat ball, homemade sauce, parmesan and a dollop of ricotta. The owners spoke to us more than a few times and inquired "how do you like my cake?" (AND of course we did! It was scrumptious!) It was a truly magical, Italian, home-cooked meal that exceeded our expectations. I would HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone visiting Saint Augustine, but be sure to arrive before 7 or call ahead so you can get a seat! When we return to Saint Augustine we will definitely be returning to Casa Benedetto's.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Have lived in St Augustine for almost a year but today was the first time we ate at Casa Benedetto. What a surprise to find real Sicilian dishes like Rice Balls,Beans & Greens, Braisole...so much more and so authentic! Couldn't resist the Italian Cookie Tray and Cannoli's. We can't wait to go back!