“Outstanding!”

Casa Benedetto's Ristorante
Ranked #8 of 601 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Description: Casa Benedetto's is a family owned restaurant featuring authentic Sicilian homestyle cooking. We come from a long line of talented cooks who believe that the best food comes from using the freshest best ingredients available prepared with love and attention to detail.We pride ourselves in keeping alive the traditional "holiday foods" we grew up with that not many care to take the time & trouble to prepare from scratch in our busy modern world. Casa Benedetto's is open for lunch and dinner Monday thru Saturday We always have Sinatra singing in the background, fresh linens on the tables& candlelight in the evenings. Our staff is trained to make your visit a pleasant one and we strive to meet all special dietary needs or favorite dishes that may be missing from our menu that you desire Gluten free meals are always available.We are accepting cash or debit for payment in an effort to keep our prices competitive. We are closed on Sundays but do open for Mother's Day Sunday.
Reviewed November 16, 2013

In preparation for my husband's birthday trip to Saint Augustine, I decided to take him to this restaurant as it was highly rated on TripAdvisor. We found out our hotel was a good 30 minutes away, but decided to make the trek anyway. AND it was SOOO worth it! Upon arriving, I realized how small the restaurant truly was. Shaped like an "A," it held about 25 guests on the inside. We arrived around 645 and by 7 the owners had to turn guests away as it was so crowed and raining (so outside seating was not available). The restaurant left like we were in the owners' own dining/living room as it was very intimate and decorated like a home. All food was prepared by order with nothing pre-made. The dining experience took about 2 hours as we ordered and split a Cesar Salad, The soup of the day, Pasta and Meatballs, and a slice of Chocolate cake. This was by far the best Italian meal we have ever had (and we eat a lot of Italian). The dinner and wine menu is extensive. The spiral spaghetti we ordered was cooked perfectly al dente, topped with a giant meat ball, homemade sauce, parmesan and a dollop of ricotta. The owners spoke to us more than a few times and inquired "how do you like my cake?" (AND of course we did! It was scrumptious!) It was a truly magical, Italian, home-cooked meal that exceeded our expectations. I would HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone visiting Saint Augustine, but be sure to arrive before 7 or call ahead so you can get a seat! When we return to Saint Augustine we will definitely be returning to Casa Benedetto's.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,856)

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Have lived in St Augustine for almost a year but today was the first time we ate at Casa Benedetto. What a surprise to find real Sicilian dishes like Rice Balls,Beans & Greens, Braisole...so much more and so authentic! Couldn't resist the Italian Cookie Tray and Cannoli's. We can't wait to go back!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We visited today after reading other reviews last night. The atmosphere was cozy & quaint, food was delicious and plentiful, and hospitality was warm & friendly. This was a lovely visit, and my friend and I have found "that perfect place" to return with other friends and family.
We had pasta fagiole, salad with house dressing (yummy), homemade bread with garlic butter and a sweet eggplant spread, veal parmagana and veal piccata, tiramasu for dessert.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Was a slow night but still had excellent service. We had wine, bread, Caesar salad, main dishes, dessert and coffee. All were excellent. Real anchovies on the salad, bread was warm and served with herb butter and an Italian bread topping

Reviewed November 11, 2013

As a native New Yorker, I am a bit snobbish when it comes to Italian food- as most of us are. If you ask any of us what we miss most about home, food is usually one of the top answers. I have searched ceaselessly through the Italian restaurants in the Palm Coast/ St. Aug area and nothing has ever been comparable to the cuisine served up north. Until my family and I ate at Casa Benedetto's this past weekend. Immediately- it felt like home. Jay met us at the door and greeted us- letting us know it would be just a few minutes. We felt like regulars! We sat on the deck to order a glass of wine but our table was ready before we received our glasses. The restaurant is very intimate with only 6 or so tables and the setting is cozy and romantic. The staff was very attentive.
Of course what matters most is the food. And the food was awesome. The bread was fresh and the "italian relish" bread topping was so unique and tasty! Our main meals consisted of Pasta Primavera, Chicken Parm and Chicken Francese. I order Chicken Francese whenever I try a new Italian restaurant because it's my favorite and the ultimate test. Casa Benedetto's- while different than "my place" back home- was really, really good. It was the best I've had even in comparison to other NY restaurants. The chicken was cooked perfectly and the sauce just right. I did not try any of the other meals as I was too content with mine but everyone raved about their dish. We ordered the bread pudding for desert- which may have been a special- and it was amazing! I couldn't get enough!
We have found our local Italian place and you can expect to see us there weekly!

1  Thank Jeannette M