“Enjoyable!”

Casa Benedetto's Ristorante
Ranked #7 of 580 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Casa Benedetto's is a family owned restaurant featuring authentic Sicilian homestyle cooking. We come from a long line of talented cooks who believe that the best food comes from using the freshest best ingredients available prepared with love and attention to detail.We pride ourselves in keeping alive the traditional "holiday foods" we grew up with that not many care to take the time & trouble to prepare from scratch in our busy modern world. Casa Benedetto's is open for lunch and dinner Monday thru Saturday We always have Sinatra singing in the background, fresh linens on the tables& candlelight in the evenings. Our staff is trained to make your visit a pleasant one and we strive to meet all special dietary needs or favorite dishes that may be missing from our menu that you desire Gluten free meals are always available.We are accepting cash or debit for payment in an effort to keep our prices competitive. We are closed on Sundays but do open for Mother's Day Sunday.
“Enjoyable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Had it not been for Trip Advisor, I would have not found this great little restaurant. I was greeted while walking up the deck and was made to feel so very welcome! Being a solo diner sometimes that is so lacking...thanks for that. Service was spot on and if you didn't see something on the menu this great place went out of their way to prepare it for you! Great experience

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Denver, North Carolina
“Authentic Sicilian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Normally I do not go out to an Italian restaurant since I love to cook Italian food. So I was not expecting much when we went. The food was authentic home style Sicilian food that I enjoyed thoroughly, it was served European Style meaning courses at a leisure pace with time to sip wine in-between courses. We felt so relaxed and enjoyed the food not rushed like at most restaurants that want to seat as many people as possible. This is a small quaint restaurant that treats its customers like part of the family and goes out of their way to make sure you are enjoying your meal. I watched the owner go from table to table and make conversation with all of his guests...and make sure they enjoyed the food...so nice would visit again and recommend to all who enjoy a nice relaxing atmosphere with authentic sicilian dishes. This was real Italian food!

Minnesota
“Good food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I really didn't know what to think of the place when we walked in and the dining room looked like my grandma's house....literally, it was the same size too. We sat down with open minds because they offered gluten free pasta (for my daughter). First they brought us French bread and some sort of antipasto to go on it. This was my fave part of the meal. Delicious!! However, the bread seemed like a grocery store loaf of French bread and could've been better. Especially since they say in the menu that each meal is prepared fresh. (I'm from the Midwest and we love bread!) I ordered the seafood bisque which was simply okay. I've had better to be honest. And I ordered the lasagna which was pretty good. It just didn't stand out as memorable Italian food to me. The service was spot-on! Our waitress was friendly, attentive and prompt. I'm not sure if it was the owners who were there but they were so friendly and pleasant that they would be a reason to go back.

Elkton, Florida
“overpriced for average quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

my wife and i are no strangers to good quality eateries. where the staff is freindly, it hardly makes up for an average food experience. zuppa de pesch seafood was over cooked, scungilli salad was scarce at best, and the service was not that great it was just the two of us and we spent $140 for dinner.we have eaten in many other restaurants in the same price category and got a much better experience.

6 Thank donik4
RT6357, Owner at Casa Benedetto's Ristorante, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your input regarding your experience at CasBenedetto's. We are sorry that you were not pleased with our food & value. Our average check for two is usually around $50-60. You did choose two of our highest price entree, our most expensive bottle of wine , as well as two appetizers, so your ticket was quite a bit higher than most.
Our scungilli salad appetizer is always the same amount. No one has ever complained that it wasn't enough. Had you ordered the Scungilli entree you would have recieved twice as much scungilli, but you only had an appetizer and I guess it must have been good or you wouldn't have felt you wanted more?
I apologize if you felt your seafood was overdone.The health department requires us to prepare foods to certain temperatures to kill bacteria and avoid illness. Some people enjoy their food more rare but we try to be on the safe side. Of course had you made us aware of your unhappiness with your meals we would have prepared something else for you. We always try to satisfy every guest and have them leave feeling they have had a great meal.
I remember chatting with you several times during the course of your visit and you seemed to be quite happy with everything.You could have expressed your feelings and let us correct the problem on the spot rather than letting us hear about it in an uncomplimentary review.

Robyn & Jay
St. Petersburg, Florida
“A glorious gastronomical trip to Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We found this restaurant in a couple restaurant listings, including trip advisor, and were drawn by the high praise. We were not disappointed. This intimate, charming little restaurant served up a superb meal that was a hit with each of our entire taste diverse and demanding group. We even asked for and received an item off the menu, much to the delight of one of our most discerning members. Thank you! We've been to several venues in Italy itself, always diving into the best food we could find, and this restaurant ranks high among those "real thing" Italian restaurants. The pasta is home made, well made and prepared, and the sauces are excellent. Service was also excellent, especially given the "intimate" and close nature of the layout. It's well worth it to enjoy the food and ambiance of a genuine Italian treasure on the East Coast of Florida. Reservations are Highly recommended and as is a stop at this great place for "Italian" by any standard on either side of the Atlantic.

• Visited July 2013