“Incredible lunch”

Casa Benedetto's Ristorante
Ranked #11 of 611 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Description: Casa Benedetto's is a family owned restaurant featuring authentic Sicilian homestyle cooking. We come from a long line of talented cooks who believe that the best food comes from using the freshest best ingredients available prepared with love and attention to detail.We pride ourselves in keeping alive the traditional "holiday foods" we grew up with that not many care to take the time & trouble to prepare from scratch in our busy modern world. Casa Benedetto's is open for lunch and dinner Monday thru Saturday We always have Sinatra singing in the background, fresh linens on the tables& candlelight in the evenings. Our staff is trained to make your visit a pleasant one and we strive to meet all special dietary needs or favorite dishes that may be missing from our menu that you desire Gluten free meals are always available.We are accepting cash or debit for payment in an effort to keep our prices competitive. We are closed on Sundays but do open for Mother's Day Xmas & NY Eves
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

This is one of those places you are happy to go to regularly. Wonderful folks make you feel like home. Lunch is best time to go

1  Thank KenDork
Write a ReviewReviews (1,946)

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Craving Italian food while here in St. Augustine earlier this evening, my husband and I decided to try Casa Benedetto's based on the reviews here. It's pretty far down on A1A, in fact right around the time we were wondering if we had missed it earlier and were going to turn around, we found it. It's a large pink building that looks like it's all roof and used to be a house. The inside is cozy and cute, total shabby chic with antique bottles, books, pictures, side tables, lamps, etc. I would estimate that the dining room would seat 25-30 people, so it's small, but you won't feel like it is - we were there at a very busy time with five or six parties eating, and we never once felt crowded. When the sun goes down, the inside looks like you're eating dinner by candlelight at home. We were greeted by a very nice man (the owner possibly?) when we walked in and were seated. Our server (a tall, pretty woman with curly dark hair) was very friendly and made sure we had all our questions answered. We were brought fresh bread with garlic butter and a relish on the side (I'm not sure everything in it, but it definitely had capers, eggplant, onions, and tomato) that was absolutely delicious. We ordered the stuffed mushrooms to start; they are completely vegetarian, and full of flavor (I tasted a lot of oregano, which is my favorite). I had the eggplant rollotini and my husband chose fettuccine Alfredo. My dish consisted of two very large pieces of eggplant that had been lightly fried and stuffed with ricotta cheese, then covered with marinara sauce and baked. I order eggplant rollotini every single time I see it on the menu at any Italian restaurant I've ever been to - it's my favorite dish. This eggplant rollotini is, I would say, the best eggplant rollotini I have ever tried anywhere. There wasn't even a hint of bitterness in the eggplant - the pieces were very lightly fried with a very thin breading that did not overpower the eggplant but instead enhanced it. The ricotta was full of herbs and flavor, and the marinara was fresh. My only regret is that I was only able to finish half of it. My husband's fettuccine Alfredo was wonderful, very creamy and a good Parmesan flavor, even seemed as if there might be a hint of lemon in the sauce but perhaps it was just me. The fettuccine noodles were thick and al dente, and they held the sauce very well. He was also only able to eat half of his meal. There was so much food!

Unfortunately, we were too full to try their desserts, but hopefully on a future trip we can. We will most assuredly be back!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We drove past this place several times and didn't think of going in but after reading reviews we went to eat here. The place is really small and their was 7 of us so we decided to sit outside on the deck. They were very accommodating. The food is made to order and they made us aware of that having 3 kids with us it wasn't that bad of a wait. The food was really good. My husband was licking his shrimp plate clean. They give you soup or salad, entree,and side of pasta. We had enough to take home. We would eat here again the food was very yummy....

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I didn't know what to expect when we pulled in to this small restaurant on the side of the road, but the food, service and atmosphere was wonderful. Some of the best Italian food we've ever eaten.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We had great meals - four different dishes. Great service and we were not rushed out after we ate. Will definitely go back.