“Most Authentic Italian I've had in Florida and I'm a native.”

Casa Benedetto's Ristorante
Ranked #11 of 611 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Description: Casa Benedetto's is a family owned restaurant featuring authentic Sicilian homestyle cooking. We come from a long line of talented cooks who believe that the best food comes from using the freshest best ingredients available prepared with love and attention to detail.We pride ourselves in keeping alive the traditional "holiday foods" we grew up with that not many care to take the time & trouble to prepare from scratch in our busy modern world. Casa Benedetto's is open for lunch and dinner Monday thru Saturday We always have Sinatra singing in the background, fresh linens on the tables& candlelight in the evenings. Our staff is trained to make your visit a pleasant one and we strive to meet all special dietary needs or favorite dishes that may be missing from our menu that you desire Gluten free meals are always available.We are accepting cash or debit for payment in an effort to keep our prices competitive. We are closed on Sundays but do open for Mother's Day Xmas & NY Eves
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I travel frequently. We traveled through Italy a few years ago to sample the foods. This food is spot on. In addition, Im a native Floridian. I know that this state (the south in general) is plagued by crappy overly cheesed food passed off as Italian. This is not the case.The pastas are freshly made. A sweet little Italian woman is in this little kitchen chopping vegetables, pounding the meat, and cooking to her hearts content. This place is a gem.

We ordered the rice balls also known as arrancini in Italy, the chicken scarpariello, and the tortellini carbonara. The rice balls had great flavor. They did look deflated though when we got them. I guess the risotto hadn't cooled completely before they breaded them. Authentic Milanese flavor though. My tortellini reminded me of Florence. The pasta was hand made and the sauce was flavorful. My husbands dish had a zesty flavor of balsamic and peppers.

They give you a ton of food. The staff are very friendly. It's like the last restaurant on the border of town. You'll pass several other Italian restaurants on the way there, but keep driving. It's worth it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,947)

Reviewed July 5, 2013

A bit out of the way, but definitely worth the drive down A1A. Excellent, authentic, made from scratch Italian food! Having lived up north, we were extremely pleased to find this restaurant. May companion said it was the best veal dish he had ever eaten! The owners, Robyn & Jay, make you feel like you are family; would definitely recommend it and will eat there again if ever in the area.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

been to many restaurants in st augistne in the past few years this is the best .I am from the Philadelphia / south jersy area and never thought that I would discover such excellence in Italian food in Florida . I will be back often

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I were looking for a place on the beach to have breakfast but got off to a late start. Our usual places were no longer serving, so we decided to check out Benedetto's. They were not open and don't serve breakfast, but they invited us in nevertheless! We enjoyed delicious coffee with freshly baked bread and whipped butter, omelettes with a homemade,red Italian gravy, and lemon pound cake, on the house, for dessert!! It was delicious.

RT6357, Owner at Casa Benedetto's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It is our pleasure to make each guest feel special and to get what they are craving. We stopped doing full breakfast a while ago but have recently put Peppers & egg , and eggs caprese sandwiches on our lunch menu because we are in a tourist beach setting and many people like to sleep in when on vacation, and miss the breakfast hours at most restaurants. We are happy to make omlettes as well which we serve with Italian bread and sliced tomato. I am usually on premises by 11:00am and once here will never turn any guests away. Just stop by if you need a late breakfast and Jay or I will be happy to make something for you.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your experiences with our kind of Sicilian hospitality!
Robyn

Reviewed June 30, 2013

In driving to St. Augustine we felt like eating Italian for dinner so as usual I consulted Trip Advisor for a recommendation and as usual if did not let me down. There it was like an oasis in the desert the name of Casa Benedetto's Italian Caffe and the reviews were to good so we had to discover it for ourselves. WOW....beyond my wildest expectations there sat a very quaint caffe with HUGE Italian fare and flavors. Walking into this family owned and operated eatery it felt like we were walking back in time into a place where family greeted you lovingly and were happy to see you and insisted on satisfing your every need. Our server, Josephine, (a beautiful person inside and out) made us feel right at home as we discussed her and her families adventure moving down to Florida from New York (where we are from) and her children's unhappiness for two years until they finally realized that Florida was their new home, so we immediately hit it off. After she suggested a bottle or two of wine, she got right down to busness sharing her likes about the menu and the dishes she would eat after asking us what were our likes in Italian fare. When did that ever happen to you? Josephine told me that I would love the Benedetto's Veal Sorrentino after I told her that veal was my favorite Italian dish. Well, did she hit it out of the park with that suggestion! An excellent dish with fresh flavors from all elements within the dish. Tender veal with priscutto ham, onions, mushrooms, and mozzarella, in a sherry demi glaze that was to "die" for. My wife had the Zeppa De' Pesce that was one of the "best" my wife has ever had....and that's saying alot since food is my wife's middle name. Other members of my family had the veal marsala and a shrimp dish that they were talking about for the rest of the evening. Complimented with with fresh bread and an olive spread that must have originated in the "old country" along with a salad this meal was one of the top three dinners I have ever eaten! And that say's alot since I spent the last eight years of my life traveling all over this country week in and week out on business (with some international travels) and have eaten dinner out more times than I want to admit. Each and every dish here is made to order so be patient in knowing that the best is yet to come...believe me!! And by the way I am from New York so I cut my teeth on Italian food and Casa Benedetto's can hold it's own with any one of them in The Big Apple. Kudo's to everyone at Caffe Benedetto's for making us feel right at home and treating us to a dinner that we will not forget for a VERY LONG TIME.