“Comfort and hospitality at its best, like dinner at a friend's home.”

Casa Benedetto's Ristorante
Ranked #7 of 593 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Description: Casa Benedetto's is a family owned restaurant featuring authentic Sicilian homestyle cooking. We come from a long line of talented cooks who believe that the best food comes from using the freshest best ingredients available prepared with love and attention to detail.We pride ourselves in keeping alive the traditional "holiday foods" we grew up with that not many care to take the time & trouble to prepare from scratch in our busy modern world. Casa Benedetto's is open for lunch and dinner Monday thru Saturday We always have Sinatra singing in the background, fresh linens on the tables& candlelight in the evenings. Our staff is trained to make your visit a pleasant one and we strive to meet all special dietary needs or favorite dishes that may be missing from our menu that you desire Gluten free meals are always available.We are accepting cash or debit for payment in an effort to keep our prices competitive. We are closed on Sundays but do open for Mother's Day Sunday.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Comfort and hospitality at its best, like dinner at a friend's home.”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I were looking for a place on the beach to have breakfast but got off to a late start. Our usual places were no longer serving, so we decided to check out Benedetto's. They were not open and don't serve breakfast, but they invited us in nevertheless! We enjoyed delicious coffee with freshly baked bread and whipped butter, omelettes with a homemade,red Italian gravy, and lemon pound cake, on the house, for dessert!! It was delicious.

• Visited April 2013
RT6357, Owner at Casa Benedetto's Ristorante, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review. It is our pleasure to make each guest feel special and to get what they are craving. We stopped doing full breakfast a while ago but have recently put Peppers & egg , and eggs caprese sandwiches on our lunch menu because we are in a tourist beach setting and many people like to sleep in when on vacation, and miss the breakfast hours at most restaurants. We are happy to make omlettes as well which we serve with Italian bread and sliced tomato. I am usually on premises by 11:00am and once here will never turn any guests away. Just stop by if you need a late breakfast and Jay or I will be happy to make something for you.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your experiences with our kind of Sicilian hospitality!
Robyn

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Cleveland,OH
“The Pinnacle of Italian Cuisine.....No Fooling!!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

In driving to St. Augustine we felt like eating Italian for dinner so as usual I consulted Trip Advisor for a recommendation and as usual if did not let me down. There it was like an oasis in the desert the name of Casa Benedetto's Italian Caffe and the reviews were to good so we had to discover it for ourselves. WOW....beyond my wildest expectations there sat a very quaint caffe with HUGE Italian fare and flavors. Walking into this family owned and operated eatery it felt like we were walking back in time into a place where family greeted you lovingly and were happy to see you and insisted on satisfing your every need. Our server, Josephine, (a beautiful person inside and out) made us feel right at home as we discussed her and her families adventure moving down to Florida from New York (where we are from) and her children's unhappiness for two years until they finally realized that Florida was their new home, so we immediately hit it off. After she suggested a bottle or two of wine, she got right down to busness sharing her likes about the menu and the dishes she would eat after asking us what were our likes in Italian fare. When did that ever happen to you? Josephine told me that I would love the Benedetto's Veal Sorrentino after I told her that veal was my favorite Italian dish. Well, did she hit it out of the park with that suggestion! An excellent dish with fresh flavors from all elements within the dish. Tender veal with priscutto ham, onions, mushrooms, and mozzarella, in a sherry demi glaze that was to "die" for. My wife had the Zeppa De' Pesce that was one of the "best" my wife has ever had....and that's saying alot since food is my wife's middle name. Other members of my family had the veal marsala and a shrimp dish that they were talking about for the rest of the evening. Complimented with with fresh bread and an olive spread that must have originated in the "old country" along with a salad this meal was one of the top three dinners I have ever eaten! And that say's alot since I spent the last eight years of my life traveling all over this country week in and week out on business (with some international travels) and have eaten dinner out more times than I want to admit. Each and every dish here is made to order so be patient in knowing that the best is yet to come...believe me!! And by the way I am from New York so I cut my teeth on Italian food and Casa Benedetto's can hold it's own with any one of them in The Big Apple. Kudo's to everyone at Caffe Benedetto's for making us feel right at home and treating us to a dinner that we will not forget for a VERY LONG TIME.

Lake George, New York
“What a nice surprise!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This place is a hidden gem. The food was all cooked perfectly, service was amazing also. Lots of help on recommending things on the menu. My wife and I went back another time to try different meals, all delicious.

Visited June 2013
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Not a Happy Birthday!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Well were do I begin based on all these wonderful reviews my husband and I decided to take my daughter there to celebrate her 22 birthday, we called for directions and when we arrived I guess it was the owner asked us how many in our party 3 we said, he then told us that they where busy and that we should have made a reservation but mind you they never mention that when we called. He went inside and then then told us we would have to wait 30 mins we thought that was fair we figured it is a Saturday and based on the reviews we thought that it would be worth the wait finally we get called in around 8pm we sit down waited around 20 mins for a waitress she takes our order wait another 20 mins they bring the salad we waited people around us were getting served at around 9pm the owner comes and tells us that they are busy but our food would be right out but it would be worth the wait, at 9:30 waitress comes over to apologize for the wait but they were about to prepare our food really 1:30 mins later when we told her that we would be leaving she then told us that they were busy and that they were starting to prepare our food we could not believe that she suggested for us to wait and take the food with us she even seemed upset that we did not want to wait ! 2 hours we were there and she was a little annoyed because we did not want to wait ,I was trying to be patient and not make a scene but it was my daughter's birthday and I really thought it would be worth the wait!

8 Thank Michele L
RT6357, Owner at Casa Benedetto's Ristorante, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
First let me say that we are sorry your visit to CasaBenedetto's was not pleasant as most of our guests experience. Unfortunately you came in on a very busy Saturday evening when we were packed to capacity and even had the deck tables full.
When you called for directions I am sure you misunderstood my husband,as I know he told you that we do not accept reservations for groups of less than five since our seating is so limited. When you arrived he told you the wait was about 30 minutes, but did get you seated sooner than that. Our servers try to give all our guests prompt curteous service but it does take time to prepare fresh salads, toast bread to order, pour drinks etc.
In the kitchen we do our best to get food out in a timely fashion.This does take time since we prepare our sautee dishes from scratch using fresh ingredients. Our vegetables are sliced when ordered, our veal is pounded to order, and all cutlets are breaded and pan fried to order.
This style of cooking is not fast, but it produces a very high quality meal that many people really enjoy.
I am sorry that you became so impatient with the wait that you decided to leave when I was in the midst of plating your food. We shucked fresh clams for your clam sauce, made the fresh a la vodka sauce, and breaded&fried your chicken francese and made your fresh squeezed lemon butter sauce for it only to have the server come back to tell us you were leaving.
It is a shame that you didn't wait a few more minutes and get to experience the wonderful food all these other reviewers have been raving about.
You are absolutely right, it would have been worth the wait to enjoy a freshly prepared authentic
homestyle meal. It is a shame that consumers are so used to fast commercially prepared food, and do not take the time to relax and dine and enjoy their company. We suggest that guests visit when they have time to really enjoy their meals and are not in a rush . Our food is made with great care and is meant to be savored, not eaten in a rush.
Your server was not upset that you were leaving, she felt disappointed that you were not going to get to enjoy this great food after waiting for so long.Our staff really cares about our guests and we all take great pride in our restaurant and work really hard to provide great food & service.
Unfortunately you were the next to last table seated and we were preparing food for at least thirty guests before you. We hope you at least enjoyed our bread and homemade caponata,salads and beverages.
Perhaps you would have had a happier experience at a chain restaurant where the food comes out quickly due to being commercially prepared many days ahead.
Robyn & Jay
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“They have product that will bring you to old style Sicilian food in old. City st Augustine fl unbelievable !!!!!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I had the eggplant was authentic and the flavor was fantastic sausage and meatballs made with love and you can taste the fresh ingredients ! If you want all the flavor this is the place!!!

1 Thank empanadaguy