“Great..... As Always!”

Casa Benedetto's Ristorante
Ranked #8 of 597 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Description: Casa Benedetto's is a family owned restaurant featuring authentic Sicilian homestyle cooking. We come from a long line of talented cooks who believe that the best food comes from using the freshest best ingredients available prepared with love and attention to detail.We pride ourselves in keeping alive the traditional "holiday foods" we grew up with that not many care to take the time & trouble to prepare from scratch in our busy modern world. Casa Benedetto's is open for lunch and dinner Monday thru Saturday We always have Sinatra singing in the background, fresh linens on the tables& candlelight in the evenings. Our staff is trained to make your visit a pleasant one and we strive to meet all special dietary needs or favorite dishes that may be missing from our menu that you desire Gluten free meals are always available.We are accepting cash or debit for payment in an effort to keep our prices competitive. We are closed on Sundays but do open for Mother's Day Sunday.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is my second review of Casa Benedetto's. Our first visit was in 2011, and I thought it was time for an updated review. My husband and I have been there as a couple, we’ve brought friends from "up North", and just yesterday we went with our best friends who will be moving to Palm Coast in the fall......

Last night we all ordered different entrees and shared a bite from each other's plates (as true friends always do). I can't begin to express the excitement our taste buds encountered!! EVERY dish was amazing (especially the veal Giovanni (sp?) and penne ala vodka). Without a doubt, we'll be back again to enjoy the goodness of home made authentic Italian dinners. Thanks to Robyn and Jay for serving great food and for providing warm hospitality.

1  Thank Nan P
There are newer reviews for Casa Benedetto's Ristorante

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I cannot rave enough about this restaurant. The best part about it was the authentic food and the welcoming attitude of the owners. A little Sicilian man and woman who totally reminded me of Grandmother and Grandfather. I could've stayed there all night drinking wine, eating and listening to their stories. I was so happy my husband and I decided to stop for dinner. The restaurant is tiny and I wouldn't suggest going there for dinner if you are in a hurry. The point is to have a relaxing dinner with AUTHENTIC Sicilian food. If you want fast and generic italian then, by all means, go to Olive Garden or Carrabas. The owner makes her dishes very authentic. You can tell she is "old school." Her sauce is dark and rich. If you want a lighter sauce order the marinara. The meat sauce and pasta sauces are heavier with a rich tomato taste. The rice balls are her speciality and are delicious. They come with the meat sauce which is very rich and delicious. I had the eggplant Marcalina for my meal and it was good but a tad over done. My husband's dish was so delicious. He had the Bracionlline. For dessert we had the coconut cream pie and the tiramisu. Yes, you do have to walk through the kitchen to get to the bathroom but I thought that was GREAT. I wanted to see the kitchen. Heck, I wanted to jump in and start cooking with her to learn her secrets. It's a cute, LITTLE mom and pop place and it's definitely worth a visit. They only take cash or debit cards and the place was full of locals the night we were there. Should tell you something. : ) I am making reservations for my birthday dinner. Oh, another tip, we arrived early on a Saturday night. I believe it was like 5:30. Pretty much had our choice of tables. By the time we left at 7:30 it was totally full, and people were waiting to be seated.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Such a warm, cozy place run by an inviting and attentive couple. The food is absolutely delicious and the portions are ample!!! Just like I remember in New York. Everything is prepared fresh to order and they don't skimp on a thing. Preparing food to order can sometimes take a little longer but it is well worth the wait at Casa Benedetto's. Jay & Robyn want to please their customers and they consistently achieve that goal and go beyond it. And, for me, it is also a good feeling to patronize a local "mom & pop" operation where my dollars stay in the community!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

My friends and I enjoyed our whole experience at dinner at Casa Benedetto's, and will certainly be going back. I speak for all of us when I say, the food was amazing. The atmosphere so quaint, homey and welcoming. What I liked best was we were treated like we were speacial guests, and seems everyone is considered a "speacial guest," the service was outstanding.
We are going back to try out lunch, and of course dinner next week. Being a local, I am glad I stumbled accross Casa Benedetto's.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stopped by this quaint little restauarant for the second time and it was as good, if not better than the first time,( over a year ago ). The owners make you feel like you are a part of their family and make you feel so welcome. Love the history of this family and how the restaurant came to be. And the fact that many of their dishes are named after these family members, with origins from Italy and NY, make it that much more special. Love the antipasto and the penne ala vodka was the best ! Still would like to try the desserts, maybe on my next trip there. If you're ever in the St. Augustine area, set aside some time to eat there. You won't regret it !