“Wonderful as always!!!”

Casa Benedetto's Ristorante
Ranked #8 of 601 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Description: Casa Benedetto's is a family owned restaurant featuring authentic Sicilian homestyle cooking. We come from a long line of talented cooks who believe that the best food comes from using the freshest best ingredients available prepared with love and attention to detail.We pride ourselves in keeping alive the traditional "holiday foods" we grew up with that not many care to take the time & trouble to prepare from scratch in our busy modern world. Casa Benedetto's is open for lunch and dinner Monday thru Saturday We always have Sinatra singing in the background, fresh linens on the tables& candlelight in the evenings. Our staff is trained to make your visit a pleasant one and we strive to meet all special dietary needs or favorite dishes that may be missing from our menu that you desire Gluten free meals are always available.We are accepting cash or debit for payment in an effort to keep our prices competitive. We are closed on Sundays but do open for Mother's Day Sunday.
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Was in town and had to make my stop at Casa Benedetto's.The owners have made me feel like family,calling me by name when i walk in and will spend time talking with me. And the food is always hot and freshly made, you can just taste the pride they take in making it.If you stop in tell them Jim sent you !!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,857)

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I returned to the restaurant knowing it was above average for the area. It is small and charming. When busy, can seem crowded- but worth the effort.

The food and service were exceptional. Specifically, it was obvious that each dish was well thought out and ingredients selected- not just "ordered".

The waiter was well informed, well trained and enhanced my ability to select from the menu.
My companion is an experienced cook and enjoyed finding out more about several items which led to good choices.

Anyone who wants a few local restaurants to frequent should try Casa Benedetto.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We visited St.Augustine this past weekend and were looking forward to eating at this restaurant after reading all the good reviews. We were so disappointed as the veal parm tasted burned, the pasta was terrible and they gave us a tiny salad.
We will not visit again. Maybe we just hit an off night!

8  Thank Joanne M
RT6357, Owner at Casa Benedetto's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for commenting on your experience at CasaBenedetto's.We are sorry to hear that your veal parmagiana came out too baked for your palate. Many people enjoy their cheese baked golden brown, but if it was overbaked for your taste ,we would have been happy to correct it , had you given us the chance by letting us know during your visit when it was first presented to you. We srtive to please each & every guest and want you to be completely satisfied with your meal.
I'm not sure why you were not happy with the pasta? We cook all our pasta al dente, if you prefer to have it more well done-of course we could have done that for you as well.
We believe our side salad is more than adequate and made of only fresh hand torn romaine, freshly cut roma tomato wedges, red onion and olives , served with homemade dressing as house salad, or very good quality Ranch or bluecheese store bought as alternatives.
I think many places you dine today you get a large serving of cheap iceburg bagged lettuce, boxed croutons & grated cheese-we don't feel this is .what salad should be.
Again sorry you were not pleased.Hope you will give us a second try Robyn

Reviewed November 10, 2012

It is very much like a trattoria in Italy. Excellent food! Homemade food. They charge a corkage fee for wine brought in. We had an excellent Borolo with our meal. The veal Benedetto was outstanding. They have excellent cannoli. We will definitely return as often as possible. I think it is the best restauarant in the St. Augustine region.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We knew we wanted Italian for dinner and found Casa Benedetto's to be exactly that. The atmosphere was perfect for our leisurely dinner. The food was delicious. The only improvement I could recommend would be for the salads to include more ingredients than lettuce, tomatoe, bit of onion and an olive. I would never let the salad stop me from going back, tho. The servings were plentiful. I took my leftovers with me and my DH ate his on site. Highly recommend.

RT6357, Owner at Casa Benedetto's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for your comments on your visit to Casa Benedetto's. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our food & atmosphere.
Thank you also for bringing to my attention your impressions of our side salads. We have some new staff & perhaps we need to do a meeting about how the salads should be presented. We believe in fresh hand torn romaine lettuce, thinly sliced red onions,Roma tomato wedges green & black olives and homemade vinegrette as our house side salad. Simple but fresh & tasty.
We do have dinner salads like antipasto and artichoke sensation that can be made as an upgrade to your side salad for an additional charge should you desire a more substantial side
salad with your meal.