“We had such a happy time, and delicious food.”

Casa Benedetto's Ristorante
Ranked #8 of 601 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Description: Casa Benedetto's is a family owned restaurant featuring authentic Sicilian homestyle cooking. We come from a long line of talented cooks who believe that the best food comes from using the freshest best ingredients available prepared with love and attention to detail.We pride ourselves in keeping alive the traditional "holiday foods" we grew up with that not many care to take the time & trouble to prepare from scratch in our busy modern world. Casa Benedetto's is open for lunch and dinner Monday thru Saturday We always have Sinatra singing in the background, fresh linens on the tables& candlelight in the evenings. Our staff is trained to make your visit a pleasant one and we strive to meet all special dietary needs or favorite dishes that may be missing from our menu that you desire Gluten free meals are always available.We are accepting cash or debit for payment in an effort to keep our prices competitive. We are closed on Sundays but do open for Mother's Day Sunday.
Reviewed November 10, 2011

The restaurant is tiny, with about ten tables inside and a few on the deck. The food is exceptional - by far the best southern Italian I've had outside Italy. All the desserts are made there -the two we had were very good - my eggplant rollatini was delicious, as was my husband's zuppa di pesce, my daughters huge meatballs. Great pasta fagioule (can't spell it) soup.
But surpassing the food was the kind friendly service. When the owner heard it was my daughter's 9th birthday, he brought her a goofy flashing headband with fiber optic horns as a gift. And when she didn't like the tiramisu we three were sharing, the pastry chef brought a slice of an exceptional chocolate cake, gratis.
We come to St Augustine Beach a couple of times a year and will certainly return..
I didn't have answers for most of the check off questions below.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,856)

Reviewed November 10, 2011

My wife, two of our friends, and i went for the first time, and were very pleasantly surprised to find great food cooked to order, and plenty of it. The restaurant is very quaint, and gives you an "at home"feeling.The service was wonderful. Not a bad thing to say about this little jewel. I invite all in the area to try Casa Benedetto's. You will not be dissapointed. Bravo, Benedetto's, keep your same passion for ever!

Bravo!!!!!!!

Richard, Toni, and freinds

Reviewed November 8, 2011

This is a very little quaint restaurant. Excellent service and extremely good food. It is a little pricy for italian, but hey being a Northerner I would rather pay for a remembrance of back home. We had a group of 7 ladies and they accommadated us openly. Definately would go back and will be soon enough- Thanks for the little taste of Italy.

Reviewed November 5, 2011

My husband and I went to this little Italian restaurant while we were staying in Crescent Beach on our honeymoon! We drove by it several times before giving it a try. We were not disappointed! It was wonderful and very authentic. I have been to Italy before and this food did not disappoint!! The owners were so nice as well. They came out and talked to us, explaining the restaurants' history. You must try dessert! The cannoli was AMAZING! Everything is homemade and cooked to order! Probably the best meal we had our entire trip!! I wish this restaurant and their owners the best of luck in the future. Should we ever make it back down to St. Augustine, we will definitely be back!

Reviewed October 27, 2011

Quirky atmosphere which is kind of fun. Soup was excellent. However, the pasta is the American notion of Italian cuisine, drowning in sauce rather than being center stage and accented by the sauce. True for both the pasta with meatballs and tomato sauce and the penne with vodka sauce. Tasty, but too much sauce.

1  Thank ectphd
RT6357, Owner at Casa Benedetto's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2011

Thank you for your comments about our restaurant. I can honestly say this is the first time anyone complained that we used too much sauce-usually we get people asking for more!!!
I guess this is a matter of personal taste so I would hope that on your next visit you will communicate your preference for light sauce to your server. We want everyone to be totally satisfied at CasaBenedetto's and are always willing to meet special requests.
Beleive me, I spend so much time and effort preparing our red sauces(and all our menu for that matter) that I am not trying to use more than needed because it only makes our prep list
longer each day!!!
Seriously though, we appreciate your compliments on our soup and the good taste of our food.We are sorry you weren't happy totally with your meals-I will discuss the issue with my staff
and see if we can come up with an exact formula for how much sauce is enough to please everyone!!!
Robyn