“Tilapia”

Matanzas Innlet Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Wasterfront dining inside & out just over the Matanzas Inlet bridge on A1A South two miles north of Marineland. Live music on deck literally sitting on water.
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Been here many times for the grilled tilapia sandwiches. Very good. Service is great. Eat out on the deck to watch the water and dolphins! Do Not eat inside. I don't know why it reeks of old disinfectant or dirty dishwasher. Everyone I know says there's something unpleasant about the indoor odor.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Sat on their deck and enjoyed the views of the intracoastal waterway. We had Cheeseburgers and they were charbroiled and excellent. My husband is a fan of NE clam chowder (being formally from NH) and absolutely loved theirs. He said it was homemade and one of the tastiest he has had in a long time.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Service and food were great. Our server, Courtney, was a delight! Some of us had the fried oyster po-boy sandwich. Others had the grilled tilapia sandwich. We all enjoyed the sweet potato fries, as well.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife and I dined at this restaurant yesterday. Today, I mentioned it was our best meal in Florida, she countered with "BEST MEAL EVER." She was right.
It started with our server, Sandra, greeting us and we selected a window table overlooking the inlet. Very quite and private. Your silverware was wrapped in the perfect napkin. Real fun.
We selected the Coconut Shrimp appetizer and a bowl of New England clam chowder. We received the chowder and crackers. It was the best ever chowder, fresh tasting and light, not a broth that is so thick. Very creamy and tasty, lots of tastes. The crackers were used to sample the cocktail sauce (best ever). Then the Coconut shrimp arrived. Oh my, wonderful. It is my wife's favorite way to have shrimp prepared, we have had them throughout the West, including California and Washington state. Hands down, the best. Sandra delivered the tartar sauce and a spicy sauce(forgot the name) and again these were tested on crackers. As an aside, my father was a cook/chef, owned two restaurants. These sauces were the finest I have ever tasted. My wife order the blackened swordfish sandwich, I ordered fish and chip with potato fries. Usually I smother my fish with tartar sauce and vinegar. Nope, not ever again at THE INNLET. We met the bartender, Elisha and they made the chef come out to meet us. Kevin and Cap were a great pair in the kitchen. WE WILL RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The view is great and the dolphins put on a great show.. The raw oysters were fine and the fried oyster po-boy was good.. Both the grilled and blackened sword fish were very overcooked and dry. The shrimp pasta dish was horrible - even the smell was bad. I took one bite of shrimp, one bite of artichoke - yuck! The waiter asked why I was not eating it and I told him it just did not taste right - and did not taste good at all. I will usually eat anything. While we were waiting for our dinner we watched a man go back and forth gathering rocks from the brick/brack - just so happened he was the chef. Maybe he was busy and maybe it was just a bad night to go. Might be a great place to go have a beer on the deck and watch the birds and dolphins though! Not worth the money for a meal and we will not go back.. We just got home and after writing this review I am making a peanut butter sandwich..

1  Thank KFrankMT