“Great Base for exploring St. Augustine” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #25 of 79 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersBronze level
Austin, Texas
“Great Base for exploring St. Augustine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

We stayed with our kids and traveled into St. Augustine each day to see the fort and other attractions. Breakfast included helped get the day off to a good start. Helpful staff. Clean rooms great accessible location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your positive review of the property! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! Please keep us in mind when you travel to this area in the future!

Lindsey Davis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Greenville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

We have stayed here many times since the opened. Rooms are clean. Front desk is helpful and accommodating. Breakfast is good and has improved in the past several years. Might be time for some new mattresses in the near future, but otherwise it was a very enjoyable stay. Convenient to everything from outlets to historic area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for your review of the property! We take all of our reviews into consideration and use them as a training tool but, we LOVE to read the positive reviews! We share all of our reviews at our Morning meetings. I will be sure to share your review with my team!

We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I was traveling for training for my new business and would need a room for 5 nights. I wanted a budget hotel as I needed to keep my expenses low. Upon arrival, I was surprised to enter the warm and modern lobby and was greeted by the friendly agent on duty. My room was a mini suite and it was modern, fresh and immaculate! A definite bonus! I am still here and have 2 more nights. It is super comfortable with the little sitting area and large workspace. Breakfast in the morning is complimentary and plentiful. The location is perfect with access to I 95 and very close to the outlets and many restaurants. If you are coming to St Augustine you must stay here. You will enjoy it! Two thumbs up from me! Great job Fairfield in!!!!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Lisa S
Thank you for your positive review of the property! I will gladly share your review with my team! Please keep us in mind in the future!

Thank You!!!
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights last week. The room was nice and clean. Breakfast options were good.

Only problem we faced was when I checked my (and my husband's) CC transactions a day or two after our stay. We booked the room through priceline, hence paid directly to priceline. When we checked in at the hotel, we were asked to provide a CC for them to keep on file in case of incidentals. I gave them mine, was told the card wasn't going through. So my husband gave them his. A day or two after check out, when I was checking our CC transactions, I noticed that they had charged both of our credit cards (a total that was more than what we had paid for the rooms for two nights). The transaction on my CC showed up as pending, while the transaction on my husband card (higher amount) had gone through. I called them to inquire and was told that the one on my card would be going away in five days while they will reverse the transaction that has gone through my husband's card.

What I don't understand is why they had charged both our cards, why the charge on my husband's card went through even though there were no "incidentals" that happened.

While the experience about the stay was good, I am not really impressed by this follow ups that I am having to do after the fact. Definitely will make me think twice from ever staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bahstonian
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for your review of the property. I apologize for the confusion with your cards and I can fully understand how this could leave you feeling untrusting of our property. I am investigating the matter with my team to try and gain a full understanding of what happened.

Typically, with reservations in our system whether they are from a third party like Priceline, or made directly through the hotel or our website, we do require a credit card for incidentals;regardless of whether or not the room is already paid for. We also have signage at the front desk that explains this policy. The authorization will go through for an average of daily incidentals. I am truly sorry that my team did not fully explain this upon check in and I will gladly address it.

As I stated, I am investigating the matter further and hope to have this resolved so we do not incurr further challenges with any of our future Guests.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I do hope we have the opportunity to regain your trust and serve you and your family again in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I was hesitant but desperate for a room after waiting last minute. To my surprise....it was a great find. Rooms were immaculate (which is important with kids). I ended up booking a second night. Beds were comfy. Breakfast was a hit. They had a little something for everyone. Quiet and cozy.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Katie W
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for reviewing the property! We love to hear the positive feedback!!! I enjoy sharing the accolades with my team during our moring meetings! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Inglis, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

I recently stayed here for 2 nights. While not located in the heart of St Augustine, it was only about 10 minutes away from everything. The room was nicely appointed. The beds and pillows (of which there were a good variety on each bed) were comfortable.

The Hot Breakfast Buffet offered a wide variety of choices, including belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon one day and turkey sausage the next, muffins, bagles, cereal, yogurt etc. They did an excellent job of keeping everything filled.

There was a problem with a slow running sink in our room. We mentioned it before going out one day but the message didn't get passed along. However, when we mentioned it that night, Mike the repairman was at the desk and immediately went to fix it. It was fine by the time we returned.

I would recommend this as a home base for St Augustine. As we rode the trolley every day, we would go to the Old Jail and park for the day for free. The staff was all very friendly and courteous and the price was reasonable given the time of year we were there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback! I will happily share this review with my team! I thank you for recommending us! I do hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future! I would love to introduce myself. We look forward to seeing you!

Dunnellon, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. The bed was very comfortable and there were 3 pillows on the bed - one soft, one medium one firm - good selection!
The bathroom sink was very slow to drain and as I was leaving in the morning I told the front desk about it, and she said she would get it repaired. When I returned in the afternoon there was no change, so as I was leaving to go out to dinner I mentioned it to the front desk again. That time, Mike the maintenance man was there and he headed right up to the room to fix it... Thank you Mike!
The breakfast was nice, with fruit, scrambled eggs, waffles, bacon one day and turkey sausage the other. Everything was fresh.
There is a vent in the bathroom that was very dusty.... and there is no exhaust fan.
I felt the price was rather high being so far from the historic area of St. Augustine.

Room Tip: upper level away from the elevator and ice machine as the walls are quite thin - heard the people ne...